Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reloading die recommendations for 6.5 Creedmore

+7
zanemoseley
SingleActionAndrew
10sandxs
jglenn21
James Hensler
bmize1
Motophotog7
11 posters

Go down

Reloading die recommendations for 6.5 Creedmore Empty Reloading die recommendations for 6.5 Creedmore

Post by Motophotog7 Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:59 pm

Off topic, however I do enjoy tapping into the collective knowledge base of the shooters here! So yeah, looking for die recommendations for 6.5 Creedmore. Looking to get the best accuracy I can out of my Howa precision chassis style rifle. I will be using my RL550 for the duty…

Motophotog7

Back to top Go down

Reloading die recommendations for 6.5 Creedmore Empty Re: Reloading die recommendations for 6.5 Creedmore

Post by bmize1 Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:23 pm

Redding, RCBS Match, Whidden, take your choices for a factory chamber.
There will also be variance in same brand.
Buy a set and see how close they match your fired brass.
If more than .004” smaller, send them back and try another set.
Get the full length sizing die for sure.
I usually start with Redding S dies and a set of bushings.
Depending on the brand of brass you use, .286-.290” should cover it.

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Reloading die recommendations for 6.5 Creedmore Empty Re: Reloading die recommendations for 6.5 Creedmore

Post by bmize1 Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:25 pm

Not a spelling check person, but it is Creedmoor.
Creedmore is the trophy

bmize1

Motophotog7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:20 am

RCBS Match has always worked for me
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:12 am

I'll throw bonanza bench rest dies into the mix as well. Redding S dies are most versatile. Also purchase a case concentricity guage. Sinclair makes a good one
jglenn21
jglenn21

shanneba likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:34 am

I've used bonanza and redding... both are very good. The biggest accuracy improvement I saw was going from a 550 to a redding turret press...

10sandxs

bruce martindale likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:06 am

How precise are you trying to shoot? The Dillon 550 might hold you back more than the dies. Like 10sandxs I use a T7 for precision stuff. Depending on the bullet you're using, might want a VLD seater.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Schaumannk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:31 am

I've shot 1/2 MOA out to 1000yd with my 6br Savage precision using just a RCBS rockchucker, Redding comp dies, lapua brass and Amax bullets. You'll get into a debate on FL resize versus just resizing the case mouth and bumping the shoulders occasionally. If you shoot the brass enough it can get difficult to extract or chamber brass if its gotten too big. The 6br isn't even designed for 1k, your 6.5 should hold it well. Precision reloading rifle cartridges gets to be a science real quick compared to pistol reloading. Been a while since I've done much and getting rusty.

zanemoseley

bruce martindale likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bmize1 Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:45 am

It is definitely a science loading precision ammo.
A 550 can load good ammo but not the way to go.
My rock chucker has served me well.
Consistency is the key and consistent brass is a must.
Best advice I can give you here is go to accurate shooter forum and read for days…….

bmize1

Schaumannk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:12 am

Need to measure shoulder setback and control it to under 3 thou. 

Eric Cantina google his YT videos say full length size. Otherwise you get accumulated base region yield and hard extraction. Steve Turner on this board is a good Palma shooter

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by TomH_pa Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:57 am

A D550 or 650 can be made to load low runout rifle ammo by using the Whidden floating die plate arrangement and a micrometer adjustable seating die. Mine is a Redding and produces good, repeatable results.

I use a funnel die and weigh each charge instead of the Dillon charge thrower.

Redding makes a die set that the body die doesn't size the neck, that way you can use specific neck sizing rings to adjust neck tension.

TomH_pa

Back to top Go down

Post by knightimac Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:20 pm

Lee Ultimate Set with Factory Crimp Die.  Lee single stage press.  
Reloader #15 powder.  Hornady ELD 147 grainers.  CCI primers.  Hornady Match brass.
Consistent sub Moa accuracy out of my savage 26” barrel.
knightimac
knightimac

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:34 am

I use Whidden for almost all of my rifle reloading. On my long range calibers, I have them make the dies custom to my chamber.

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by Motophotog7 Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Sounds much more intimidating than I was thinking… I have Dillon and Redding for my other calibers, will likely go with the Redding. Not sure how far down the rabbit hole I will dive with this, only time will tell! Thoughts and assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks all!

Motophotog7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down