Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini mag issues

+12
mpolans
Russ OR
orpheoet
james r chapman
SingleActionAndrew
Wobbley
RoyDean
Allgoodhits
Vociferous
jimsteele
scootso
BruceV
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Pardini mag issues

Post by BruceV 1/5/2022, 9:19 pm

I have had my Pardini for 1 month, have ran 1,500 rounds through it no issues. Only using CCI SV, the last 3 times I went to the club I have had 6 or 7 FTF's all 2nd round.  The bullets are hanging up in the magazines, 4 out of the 6 mags it has happened with.

I have cleaned the magazines(complete disassembly).

I tried keeping the magazines and ammo warm, did not help.

I have read that some shooters have experienced inconsistency with CCI SV, is that what is going on?

I don't know what to look for in regard to my magazines having been tweaked to accept CCI, they were done for me by the dealer before I picked up the gun.

Anyone else had this problem, and is it simply going to be use different ammo?


Last edited by james r chapman on 1/8/2022, 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed subject-admin)

BruceV

Posts : 40
Join date : 2021-12-06

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by scootso 1/5/2022, 10:11 pm

Hi Bruce’s

I’d recommend you change your ammo, CCI has a reputation of being too long for Pardini mags.
scootso
scootso

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-08-11

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by jimsteele 1/6/2022, 6:40 am

Me too. My new Pardini has only had about 500 rounds through it, all CCI SV . I was hoping that after a few hundred more rounds, that CCI would miraculously start working. but I don't think that is going to happen.
   I have examined the magazines a lot, with CCI's in them, and concluded that the indentation at the top rear of the mag, pushes the cartridge that is below the top round, forward. Jaming it against the front inside face of the magazine. Once jammed, it will not let the follower rise,
   It is not a hard jam. You can push the loading button up, and the cartridge that was jammed will move up into position to get pushed forward by the slide.
  With my magazines, the cartridge can jam on any round... or not jam, it's that close.

I believe the angled indentation that moves the cartridge forward is too low, and pushes the next-to-top cartridge forward into the front wall of the mag. A small manufacturing error. But also irritating.

jimsteele

Posts : 49
Join date : 2019-02-01
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by Vociferous 1/6/2022, 8:49 am

I had the same problem with CCI; it's too long, and hangs up in the magazine.
Vociferous
Vociferous

Posts : 172
Join date : 2012-02-23
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by BruceV 1/6/2022, 9:21 am

What is interesting is the first three bricks not one single FTF, maybe 5 misfires, all good strikes on the rim of those 5.

I will start looking for another brand, I have over 10K rounds of the CCI, I can sell it to my club members or keep it, have been thinking about buying a Volquartsen TF if I can find one.

I'm still going to shoot the Pardini, the Volquartsen is for my daughter and a backup for me.  Like if I can't find ammo for the Pardini.

I can't deal with the hassle is the CCI going to work today or not, plus I'm sure all the dry fire trigger pulls is not good for the gun.

Brings back memories of my finicky model 41, my patience these days dealing with any aggravation is basically zero.

BruceV

Posts : 40
Join date : 2021-12-06

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by Allgoodhits 1/6/2022, 9:35 am

You have probably tried this, but just in case. After loading the 5 rds in the magazine, lightly tap the back of the magazine against your palm. This will set all rounds in the magazine toward the back of the magazine. This may give you the slight tolerance needed for the nose of the bullet to have free passage.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Posts : 643
Join date : 2017-09-17
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by BruceV 1/6/2022, 9:57 am

Allgoodhits wrote:You have probably tried this, but just in case. After loading the 5 rds in the magazine, lightly tap the back of the magazine against your palm. This will set all rounds in the magazine toward the back of the magazine. This may give you the slight tolerance needed for the nose of the bullet to have free passage.
I have and it does move them back, but they must move again when I insert the magazine.  I have put a drop of oil on the top round, the top round doesn't need the oil, the oil drips down along the front of the magazine and it of course lubricates the magazine and the nose of the bullets slide up.  

I don't have the patience to do this every magazine, not to mention how fast the magazines are going to get super dirty.

What I don't know is the QC between bricks or lots of CCI, as I said the first 3 bricks no problem, this brick has been the issue.  I didn't check the lot numbers on the other boxes, but all the ammunition came from the same place, the same time.

BruceV

Posts : 40
Join date : 2021-12-06

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by RoyDean 1/6/2022, 10:50 am

Pardini USA recommend and sell Eley Bullseye Pistol X for the SP. Not as cheap as CCI SV, but it is the best solution for match ammo. IMHO.

Keep your CCI SV for training and accept the occasional FTF.

RoyDean

Posts : 285
Join date : 2021-03-31

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by Allgoodhits 1/6/2022, 11:27 am

This would be a PIA, but measure OAL of the CCI SV within the brick which is causing the problem, segregate the long ones. Then determine what is the no go length. Set up a simple jig, to segregate those too long. 

All .22 ammo is more expensive now. CCI SV is good ammo, but not if it doesn't work in your gun. Another test since you have a bunch of magazines. See if the long CCI works better in certain magazines, then use those mags for CCI SV. I have bought 3 cases of the Pardini USA Ely Bullseye. I do not find it superior to CCI SV. Perhaps it is, I'm not seeing it at my level. The Ely Bullseye was about $.16 per round as I recall if you purchased at least two cases (no shipping) otherwise more. CCI SV even inflated is found for much less.

Good luck in your quest.

~ Martin
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Posts : 643
Join date : 2017-09-17
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by BruceV 1/6/2022, 4:15 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:This would be a PIA, but measure OAL of the CCI SV within the brick which is causing the problem, segregate the long ones. Then determine what is the no go length. Set up a simple jig, to segregate those too long. 

All .22 ammo is more expensive now. CCI SV is good ammo, but not if it doesn't work in your gun. Another test since you have a bunch of magazines. See if the long CCI works better in certain magazines, then use those mags for CCI SV. I have bought 3 cases of the Pardini USA Ely Bullseye. I do not find it superior to CCI SV. Perhaps it is, I'm not seeing it at my level. The Ely Bullseye was about $.16 per round as I recall if you purchased at least two cases (no shipping) otherwise more. CCI SV even inflated is found for much less.

Good luck in your quest.

~ Martin
I will measure and see if I can find the long ones.  If I have enough of them I will sell them to one of the guys at my club who shoots a Pardini. Smile  Maybe then I can beat him.

BruceV

Posts : 40
Join date : 2021-12-06

Allgoodhits likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by BruceV 1/6/2022, 9:12 pm

I keep thinking and reading about how many Pardini owners have FTF issues with several different brands of ammunition.

Many go through replacing parts on the gun, altering the magazines, etc.

In my case using CCI SV the OAL, it's a little too long.

When I hold the magazine in my hand and push up on the follower button the bullet/bullets move up the magazine.

So I'm thinking (now I'm in trouble) why not just install an extra power magazine spring, like Wilson has for Glocks, same issue make sure there is not a feeding problem?

If the spring was stronger it would move CCI/or any ammunition up the magazine, heck it takes almost nothing when I manually push on the button.

I know nothing about making springs.

Would it be that hard to do, and would that work?

BruceV

Posts : 40
Join date : 2021-12-06

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by Wobbley 1/6/2022, 11:22 pm

I’d have to see a spring.  But generally, the easiest way to increase the spring force is to use a heavier wire…there are others, but that’s the quickest. (Also, it has its own limits).
Wobbley
Wobbley

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by SingleActionAndrew 1/7/2022, 7:53 am

Wobbley wrote:I’d have to see a spring.  But generally, the easiest way to increase the spring force is to use a heavier wire…there are others, but that’s the quickest. (Also, it has its own limits).

Diagram here gives a vague idea of the spring shape:
https://www.pardiniguns.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=192
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Posts : 282
Join date : 2019-11-19
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by BruceV 1/7/2022, 8:46 am

Wobbley wrote:I’d have to see a spring.  But generally, the easiest way to increase the spring force is to use a heavier wire…there are others, but that’s the quickest. (Also, it has its own limits).
Here are a few pics of the spring.
Attachments
Pardini mag issues Attachment
Pardini Magazine Spring (2).jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(452 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Pardini mag issues Attachment
Pardini Magazine Spring 2.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(400 Kb) Downloaded 0 times


Last edited by BruceV on 1/7/2022, 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total

BruceV

Posts : 40
Join date : 2021-12-06

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by RoyDean 1/7/2022, 9:05 am

Run a search of this forum and you will find that there has been discussion about Pardini magazine springs in the past on several threads - particularly regarding 32 magazines. Several folks have "tweaked" stock springs in the past.

Pardini use heavier springs in their 32 magazines and, AFAIK, they are compatible with the 22 magazines. But, in any case, if you have not already done so, please call Alex or Vlad at Pardini USA and get their advice first.

Fiocchi 32ACP XTP60JHP ammo (the very best for a Pardini HP32ACP, IMHO) also happens to be a bit too long for Pardini 32 magazines (originally intended for 32SWL wadcutter ammo) and to ensure reliable feeding of that ammo it is advisable to "bump" the bullets in a bit (to 0.940" OAL, if my memory serves). I used to have a cheap Lee press set up specifically to do that.

However "bumping" rimfire ammo might not be such a good idea!

RoyDean

Posts : 285
Join date : 2021-03-31

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by BruceV 1/7/2022, 9:20 am

RoyDean wrote:Run a search of this forum and you will find that there has been discussion about Pardini magazine springs in the past on several threads - particularly regarding 32 magazines. Several folks have "tweaked" stock springs in the past.

Pardini use heavier springs in their 32 magazines and, AFAIK, they are compatible with the 22 magazines. But, in any case, if you have not already done so, please call Alex or Vlad at Pardini USA and get their advice first.

Fiocchi 32ACP XTP60JHP ammo (the very best for a Pardini HP32ACP, IMHO) also happens to be a bit too long for Pardini 32 magazines (originally intended for 32SWL wadcutter ammo) and to ensure reliable feeding of that ammo it is advisable to "bump" the bullets in a bit (to 0.940" OAL, if my memory serves). I used to have a cheap Lee press set up specifically to do that.

However "bumping" rimfire ammo might not be such a good idea!
I will give Pardini a call today.  It would be great if the 32 magazine spring is stronger, I'm certain that would push the longer CCI up the magazine.  Now buying 6 new springs @ $21.00 is not thrilling it is cheap money if I can stop all the brain damage these FTF's are causing me and many others.  Stay tuned I will post up after speaking with Pardini.

BruceV

Posts : 40
Join date : 2021-12-06

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by james r chapman 1/7/2022, 9:25 am

SK ammo is always consistently shorter than CCI
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Posts : 5526
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 73
Location : HELL, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by Wobbley 1/7/2022, 2:31 pm

You can’t bump 22 ammo.  It has a heel bullet.  

To use up longer ammo in a “short” magazine youd have to file a flat on the bullet.  Could be done but would require a hard steel die “filing guide”.  And would be a royal pain in the behind just use cheap ammo.  So train with the cheap and accept the aggravation….



As for the springs, try a 32 spring if they’re heavier.  The design is typical of a wire “coil” mag spring.  Generally a very good spring design.  And I suspect that going up a wire size or two is possible, but it would have to be a custom make.  And likely to get a lot of resistance from Pardini who really caters to the Euro market more than the US market.  So if the 32 spring doesn’t work, the easiest approach is to switch to Euro made ammo.
Wobbley
Wobbley

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by BruceV 1/7/2022, 5:55 pm

I spoke with Alex this afternoon.  He said the 32 spring is heavier than the 22 spring. He said more than likely it would be strong enough to push the long CCI up the magazine.

But he doubted it would work, OD of the 22 and 32 magazines are the same, 32 ID is wider to accept the larger bullets and the spring is also ever so slightly wider than the 22 spring.

He was certain the spring would rub inside the 22 magazine causing it to slow down and pretty much be right back where I started.

He said I could try filing the inside face of a magazine, it would probably work.  He recommended buying a magazine housing to try it on.

I think I will go ahead and purchase a 32 spring and see what happens.  

A little buffing if you will inside the magazines may be all that is needed or that and the 32 spring.

I'm going to figure out how to run any ammunition I want through my Pardini.

BruceV

Posts : 40
Join date : 2021-12-06

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by orpheoet 1/7/2022, 6:31 pm

I never had any issues with CCI functioning in my Pardini. BUT I've had big issues with the accuracy of newer CCI. The old dark blue boxes are pretty good. The new light blue boxes have been pretty awful at 50 yards. Multiple lots….. I suggest using something else for matches.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Posts : 1015
Join date : 2014-07-29
Age : 54
Location : Berea, Oh

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by Allgoodhits 1/7/2022, 6:58 pm

The idea of using a rat tail file to remove a slight amount of material on the inside front of the magazine is probably the way to go. The tone, if there is such a thing, sounds like they have done this before. I would take a known problematic magazine,and take that approach. Worst case it won't help. Best case, problem solved.

There may be another possible solution. Remove a spring from a known problem magazine. Put a slight upward bend on the front loop of the top of that spring. This will help keep the front of the follower from dipping down, as it should add more upward pressure at that point. Perhaps the dipping downward, slightly, is taking up the needed tolerance that you need for slightly longer ammo. Just a thought...
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Posts : 643
Join date : 2017-09-17
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty File that bump?

Post by Russ OR 1/7/2022, 7:00 pm

To run CCI sv in my Pardini
on a couple of older Pardini 22 magazines I've filed a little off the inside of the bump in the top back of the magazine-then polished the bump. --  Lined the sides of the file so only the bump gets filed.- That, and a touch of Remoil where the bullet noses slide, worked for me. -- The liquid Remoil doesn't seem to build up crud.?
2¢ - Russ

Russ OR

Posts : 229
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Oregon City, OR

mpolans likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by BruceV 1/7/2022, 8:22 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:The idea of using a rat tail file to remove a slight amount of material on the inside front of the magazine is probably the way to go. The tone, if there is such a thing, sounds like they have done this before. I would take a known problematic magazine,and take that approach. Worst case it won't help. Best case, problem solved.

There may be another possible solution. Remove a spring from a known problem magazine. Put a slight upward bend on the front loop of the top of that spring. This will help keep the front of the follower from dipping down, as it should add more upward pressure at that point. Perhaps the dipping downward, slightly, is taking up the needed tolerance that you need for slightly longer ammo. Just a thought...
I'm going to get another magazine and start from there. I'm not going to experiment with one of my current magazines just in case I ruin it.

BruceV

Posts : 40
Join date : 2021-12-06

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by BruceV 1/7/2022, 8:39 pm

Russ OR wrote:To run CCI sv in my Pardini
on a couple of older Pardini 22 magazines I've filed a little off the inside of the bump in the top back of the magazine-then polished the bump. --  Lined the sides of the file so only the bump gets filed.- That, and a touch of Remoil where the bullet noses slide, worked for me. -- The liquid Remoil doesn't seem to build up crud.?
2¢ - Russ
I like the idea of filing a little off the top back and go from there.  It may need a little work in the front as well.

BruceV

Posts : 40
Join date : 2021-12-06

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by mpolans 1/8/2022, 1:32 pm

I shoot mainly shoot SK. If I was dead set on CCI SV, I'd just file a little off of the back bump that pushes rounds forward. Probably wouldn't take much.

mpolans

Posts : 587
Join date : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum