Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aimpoint H2 lens problem

4 posters

Go down

Aimpoint H2 lens problem Empty Aimpoint H2 lens problem

Post by Vociferous 2/16/2022, 10:59 am

I have two Aimpoint H2's.  The front lens of both somehow got canted.  I bought them both over two years ago, so I doubt Aimpoint will honor the warranty.  Both have shades, front and back.
- I am fairly sure that I didn't poke the lens hard enough with a lens cleaner to dislodge it.  
- The dot is still round and don't see any distortions.  
- I used to have each dot on a slide mounted 45.  Other than being dislodged from recoil, the only other thing I can think of, is that when I rack the slide, I am using my hand/palm directly on the front shade, creating pressure/suction, that pushed the lens out of of alignment.

Questions:  Has anyone ever had this happen?  Has anyone tried to unscrew the ring, to fix the lens alignment?  If I send to Aimpoint for repair, will I have have to remove the shades?  Any estimates on the cost to have Aimpoint repair them? 

For what it's worth, I don't think this should happen to a high-end red dot.  
Thanks, 
PC
Vociferous
Vociferous

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint H2 lens problem Empty Re: Aimpoint H2 lens problem

Post by mspingeld 2/16/2022, 11:03 am

Aimpoint will likely cover it but you might want to remove the shades before returning as they often just send a new dot.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 2/16/2022, 11:14 am

The front lens is canted by design, are you certain it moved? Measuring mine, I'd say the top is about 1-2mm "in" compared to the bottom. The angle is for the projection/reflection of the dot, since the emitter is toward the lower edge of the optic. The glass angles perpendicular to that point.
-TT-
-TT-

orpheoet and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vociferous 2/16/2022, 1:08 pm

-TT- wrote:The front lens is canted by design, are you certain it moved? Measuring mine, I'd say the top is about 1-2mm "in" compared to the bottom. The angle is for the projection/reflection of the dot, since the emitter is toward the lower edge of the optic. The glass angles perpendicular to that point.
THANKS.  This is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for.  No, I'm not sure it moved.  Just one day, I was really looking at it and it looked canted; then I compared it to my other one, which of course, is canted.  I would say, I should have known better.  And they are canted in the same place.   tongue
Vociferous
Vociferous

kc.crawford.7 and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 2/17/2022, 5:09 am

In the for what it's worth category, Airmpoint doesn't have an issue with shades being on your dot.  If the dot has to be replaced you may or may not get the shades back.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Vociferous, Allgoodhits and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down