Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xesee Trailside Question

4 posters

Go down

Xesee Trailside Question  Empty Xesee Trailside Question

Post by Jon Eulette 3/3/2022, 9:56 pm

Does the LGI Trailside optic rail (weight) allow for adding an additional weight? If yes, is it a Trailside specific weight (not 208)?
Thanks 
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Xesee Trailside Question  Empty Re: Xesee Trailside Question

Post by Ray Dash 3/4/2022, 3:33 am

If you are talking about the rail that slides over the front of the pistol, yes you can add weight to it. I don't know if the weights are specific to that pistol though. If you need a pic I can post one.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 3/4/2022, 7:53 am

Yes, Larry's mount fits into the the inset dovetail which holds the factory weight, and has the same inset dovetail on the lower edge for attaching another. As you know, they can be tricky to get a good purchase given the gun's design using those expanding setscrews, so be prepared to do some clever fitting.

The mount weighs 150g (5.5oz) already, and most of its mass is at the front, so with the optic I don't think anyone will want a very large additional weight. But Larry used to add his 35g aluminum weight to replace the plastic "cover" that comes with the pistol.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris_La 3/4/2022, 10:03 pm

-TT wrote: But Larry used to add his 35g aluminum weight to replace the plastic "cover" that comes with the pistol.
And heavier steel (90g?) for a 6" models. I used to use one before switching to heavier optics mount. Barrel weight has a smooth bottom, no additional attachments possible.

Boris_La

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down