Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supposedly Federal 38 wadcutters at a price too good to be true

+2
Dcforman
mikemyers
6 posters

Go down

Supposedly Federal 38 wadcutters at a price too good to be true Empty Supposedly Federal 38 wadcutters at a price too good to be true

Post by mikemyers 4/5/2022, 6:33 pm

When something sounds too good to be true, the first thing I think of is "scam".

https://federalammunitions.com/product/federal-gold-medal-38-special-ammo-148-grain-match-wadcutter/

The font looks phony to me.

I'm thinking scam.....
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Supposedly Federal 38 wadcutters at a price too good to be true Empty Re: Supposedly Federal 38 wadcutters at a price too good to be true

Post by Dcforman 4/5/2022, 6:39 pm

Must be. They copied and pasted the product description from targetsportsusa.com.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Supposedly Federal 38 wadcutters at a price too good to be true Empty Re: Supposedly Federal 38 wadcutters at a price too good to be true

Post by Dcforman 4/5/2022, 6:41 pm

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-gold-medal-38-special-ammo-148-grain-match-wadcutter-gm38a-p-1187.aspx

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 4/5/2022, 6:41 pm

Thank you.

I could "smell it".

You proved it.  

Not sure what else to do, or who to notify.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by shanneba 4/5/2022, 6:44 pm

SCAM!

The real Federal web site has the 38 Spl Gold medal wadcutters at $49.99

Shop products in Gold Medal today | Federal Premium

Only accepts bitcoin for payment in the cart.

Website shows "Ammunitions"  Copyright 2022 :copyright: FEDERAL AMMUNITIONS

shanneba

Back to top Go down

Post by Kp321 4/5/2022, 6:46 pm

The price is legit, TargetSports has it for that price but the web site looks wonky. Federal’s web site is Federal Ammunition not Ammunitions. 
They mention TargetSports in the verbiage. Why buy from them if it is available from a known good vendor?

Kp321

Back to top Go down

Post by Kp321 4/5/2022, 6:47 pm

The price is legit, TargetSports has it for that price but the web site looks wonky. Federal’s web site is Federal Ammunition not Ammunitions. 
They mention TargetSports in the verbiage. Why buy from them if it is available from a known good vendor?

Kp321

Back to top Go down

Post by shanneba 4/5/2022, 6:51 pm

Federal's real web site is FederalPremium.com

shanneba

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 4/5/2022, 7:00 pm

Kp321 wrote:.......Why buy from them if it is available from a known good vendor?
It's not available from any known good vendor I checked out, so that's why my brother was interested.

Maybe there could be a "sticky thread" here for scams?  Maybe there is one, and I'm just not aware of it.....  Thanks.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by brassmaster 4/5/2022, 7:04 pm

Also, they say "free shipping" on bulk ammo. I put 20 boxes in my cart and moved to order just as a test, the final straw was there was no free shiping, it was $25 and Zelle or two specified forms of crypto currency only acceptable forms of payment. No physical contact info as to location and phone number, just an email form to fill out for contact that would in all probability, would go nowhere. All red flags to this forum poster!
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

troystaten and mpolans like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter 4/17/2022, 4:13 pm

I wish the Federal Gold Medal prices were legit but would NOT be willing to give this website the benefit of the doubt.
Check out this website:

https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/federalammunitions-com-review/

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down