Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing and reinstalling the red dot on my Pardini

+6
BruceV
shooter1450
swissyhawk
chiz1180
DA/SA
mikemargolis
10 posters

Go down

Removing and reinstalling the red dot on my Pardini Empty Removing and reinstalling the red dot on my Pardini

Post by mikemargolis Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:22 pm

So crazy me wants to shoot a few EIC's this year, and I have a question.

I only have one Pardini SP, it has an Ultradot Matrchdot II attached to the Pardini "pic" rail.

I have never taken the dot off the gun, so here's my question:

If I were to take the dot off and sight in the gun with the iron sights (have never shot it that way), when I put the dot back on, will I have to re-sight it in, or will it be right back where I started?

Does anyone make some kind of quick disconnect/reconnect system just for this?
Removing and reinstalling the red dot on my Pardini Pardini0422a
Removing and reinstalling the red dot on my Pardini Pardini0422b

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Removing and reinstalling the red dot on my Pardini Empty Re: Removing and reinstalling the red dot on my Pardini

Post by DA/SA Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:09 pm

My experience is that it'll need to be sighted in again, but it should be pretty close.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Removing and reinstalling the red dot on my Pardini Empty Re: Removing and reinstalling the red dot on my Pardini

Post by chiz1180 Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:11 pm

One of the biggest downfalls of the pardini design. I have seen silver sharpie used to mark the location of the rings/dot mount, not sure how well you could maintain zero though.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by swissyhawk Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:44 am

I took the dot on and off my Pardini to finish up my 22 EIC points.  For me, getting to shoot the Pardini in the EIC made it worth it.  The dot always needed some adjustment when it went back on, but it was at least in the scoring rings at 50 yds.  BTW, I like the look of those grips.

swissyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by shooter1450 Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:09 am

I always use a torque wrench on the mounting hardware on my guns if I remove the dot for maintenance. Always seem to be pretty much on. Your mounting system may vary. What do I know, I shoot all revolvers.
shooter1450
shooter1450

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:06 am

Mike,

Did you turn your scope off??

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:09 am

BruceV wrote:Mike,

Did you turn your scope off??

Haha, yep, and replaced the battery too!

mikemargolis

BruceV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gweber Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:14 pm

Mike,

Back when I had mine 1st pardini setup like yours. When I took the dot off for EICs and put it back on it was just a click or two L/R or U/D for me. So it was never worse than a 9 in slow fire. I just marked it so I got it back on it about the same spot. I wouldn't worry about it alot but I would do some testing in practice to see how it changes for you.

GW

gweber

Allgoodhits likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:30 pm

My $.02

As long as you do not have to loosen the rings from the scope, and provided that you put the scope back at the same place on the rail it should be very close. I shoot a Pardini, but I use the Kodiak mount with an Aimpoint H1. It goes back with a few clicks.

Having said that, at every range I shoot, the EIC matches follow the aggregate. In those cases the gun arrives at the match with scope mounted and sighted. Shoot the 900 .22 match, remove the scope, then shoot your EIC. Before your next match, put the scope back on and check zero. 

Hope that works for you.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:34 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:My $.02

As long as you do not have to loosen the rings from the scope, and provided that you put the scope back at the same place on the rail it should be very close. I shoot a Pardini, but I use the Kodiak mount with an Aimpoint H1. It goes back with a few clicks.

Having said that, at every range I shoot, the EIC matches follow the aggregate. In those cases the gun arrives at the match with scope mounted and sighted. Shoot the 900 .22 match, remove the scope, then shoot your EIC. Before your next match, put the scope back on and check zero. 

Hope that works for you.
Yes, I understand that, but thank you for the explanation.

My mentor wants me to shoot the whole 1800 match in .22, not follow the .22 900 and then EIC with .45

That's why I was asking about some sort of quick disconnect, remount system.

mikemargolis

Allgoodhits likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:21 am

The best way to find an answer to your question is to take the scope off (hope you can leave the rings attached to the scope) and put it back on and see how much the sights need adjusting.  I would not bench it to sight it in.  You could take it off and put it back on several times and see what happens.

When I was working to get my .22 EIC I took the dot off and left it off until I got all of my points.  Since this was my priority it helped my .22 scores with irons and i was able to get distinguished faster.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:00 am

I've found that taking a picture with my cel of exactly where the rings are before removing and then lining up with the pic always has me 1 click off at the most with an Ultradot II
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down