Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon.

+12
willnewton
USSR
DA/SA
ric1911a1
RoyDean
john bickar
zanemoseley
rkittine
BE Mike
jwax
fc60
mikemyers
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon. - Page 2 Empty New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon.

Post by mikemyers 4/29/2022, 6:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

I had a long discussion with Curtis Shipley at Georgia Arms earlier today.  They are currently manufacturing wadcutter ammo specifically for the S&W Model 52.  They were able to obtain a large quantity of small pistol primers, making this possible, with a lot more on the way.  George shoots this ammo in his own Model 52.  He told me the new ammo would be similar to the Federal wadcutters we were all able to shoot what now feels like a lifetime ago.

I told Curtis I would post this information here in the Bullseye forum.  

I can't find the information yet on their website www.georgia-arms.com   .....from what Curtis told me, manufacturing is now in process.  He told me he would provide all the information to the person who handles incoming calls, Dee, so hopefully early this coming week we will all be able to place orders.  The direct phone line is 770-459-5117.

This came about because a friend of mine strongly recommended my trying the regular ammo made by Georgia Arms for revolvers.  One thing led to another, and I ended up talking to Curtis.  

I hope you all find this information useful.

New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon. - Page 2 Logo-ga-arms_1482418585__49981.original
mikemyers
mikemyers

valbern67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon. - Page 2 Empty Re: New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon.

Post by djperry2 2/4/2023, 1:30 pm

I have seen ammo packaged like that for sale at gun shows for many years. Most people who buy this ammo, especially reloads, are not reloaders themselves so they just shoot them and leave the brass and boxes laying. This reduces cost to the manufacturer and waste in the trash.
I kinda like following those shooters so I pick up their once fired brass and sometimes get boxes too.

Darrell

djperry2

Back to top Go down

New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon. - Page 2 Empty Re: New ammo for S&W Model 52, coming very soon.

Post by orpheoet 2/5/2023, 7:28 am

seems like a reasonable price. what brand brass are they using?
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 2/5/2023, 7:41 am

orpheoet wrote:seems like a reasonable price. what brand brass are they using?
  Starline.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine 2/5/2023, 11:05 am

The price looks fine in today's market, but I am not a fan of Bagged Ammo. I owned a commercial reloading operation in the 70s and early 80s and have been reloading since the 60s. All my ammo was and is now always boxed. Might not matter for Bullseye, but as a 1,000 Yard Bench Rest Shooter, I am anal about my ammo.
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2