Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model 52 empty case ejection

4 posters

Go down

Model 52 empty case ejection  Empty Model 52 empty case ejection

Post by Foundryratjim 6/3/2022, 5:41 pm

My 52 is not consistent as to where it ejects cases. I am very consistent in my reloading. Mixed brass and starline, zero 148 HBWC , 2.8 gr. BE.
Half the cases during a match go to the side and end up in my net. The rest either go way forward or more to the rear. Is this normal for the 52? The gun is functioning perfectly. It doesn't matter if the ammo is loaded single stage or on my Dillon 550.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Model 52 empty case ejection  Empty Re: Model 52 empty case ejection

Post by GME 6/4/2022, 12:54 am

My Model 52 isn't as erratic as yours, but it isn't consistent.  I can count on the last round in the magazine missing or bouncing off my brass catcher.  At worst, about 4/10 end up on the bench or on the ground in front of me.  Keeping the pistol clean helps.  If I let the chamber get dirty (doesn't take long with bullseye), the problem gets worse. 

I load with 2.7 grains of BE.  I use range brass, but I have enough that I can sort it and load by brand.  I don't use +P brass or S&B brand.  Most, but not all, of S&B have primer pockets that are too tight.  I've tried reaming them, but my press still balks.  Not worth the effort to me.  YMMV.

GME

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax 6/5/2022, 7:52 pm

Mine drops them consistently 2-3 feet to the right.
Chamber clean? Will the extractor hold empty brass if you shake the gun? It should.
Any factory ammo available to test?
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 6/5/2022, 8:48 pm

I don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but how consistent are you in shooting it? I have found that if case ejection is not in a consistent location often that has a direct correlation to my consistency shooting.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 6/5/2022, 8:54 pm

chiz1180 wrote:I don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but how consistent are you in shooting it? I have found that if case ejection is not in a consistent location often that has a direct correlation to my consistency shooting.  
I can shoot it 2 handed off a rest and it acts the same way.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down