Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mounting Aimpoints

5 posters

Go down

Mounting Aimpoints Empty Mounting Aimpoints

Post by toddcfii 6/21/2022, 11:13 am

I have two new Aimpoints that I am trying to mount on my Pardini HP 32 with rail and 1911 with RRA rail. I have mounts that I thought would work but do not. I am attaching photos and looking for options. Thanks.

Mounting Aimpoints F901b810
Mounting Aimpoints 93757a10Mounting Aimpoints 801ce310

Last edited by toddcfii on 6/21/2022, 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Mounting Aimpoints Empty Re: Mounting Aimpoints

Post by Jon Eulette 6/21/2022, 12:05 pm

Is your problem with the rectangular lug on the bottom of the optic base/mount? It’s probably picatinny spaced and your rails are not. Take lug off the mount. 
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

toddcfii likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toddcfii 6/21/2022, 12:08 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:Is your problem with the rectangular lug on the bottom of the optic base/mount? It’s probably picatinny spaced and your rails are not. Take lug off the mount. 
Jon
Yes Jon. It appears the lug is not spaced for my application. Do you suggest grinding it off?  If so will the single screw have enough mounting force?

Todd
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 6/21/2022, 12:11 pm

Option #2 is to machine another groove in the rail to accommodate the lug. If the lug fits the groove properly it will aid in keeping the scope secure on the rail.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 6/21/2022, 12:52 pm

Option no 3 is to get vortex, sig, holosun or aimpoint original mounts. First three are cheap options and space AP micro just fine.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by toddcfii 6/21/2022, 1:12 pm

Tripscape wrote:Option no 3 is to get vortex, sig, holosun or aimpoint original mounts. First three are cheap options and space AP micro just fine.
The ones I have seen are for picatinny. Do you have a link to one that would work in my applications?  I think Kodiak would work but not cheap.
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 6/21/2022, 1:15 pm

The cross bolt is enough for acting as recoil lug. I’d grind/machine off the lug. You already own the mount.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 6/21/2022, 2:38 pm

What John said, but I don't know the application for the mount with lug. No idea how great or expensive it is, so if it was me I would not ruin it. Bolt is good enough to hold the AP micro and mounts I mention go $20-40. If you just want to use yours then yes grind off that lug.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfSwede 6/21/2022, 3:16 pm

There may be another problem with the Pardini.  The spec for the width of a Picatinny rail is 21.2 mm.  

I have both a Pardini SP and a Pardini GT45.  The rails width on both of them is 20 mm.  I could not get the Aimpoint or many other mounts to grip on that width.  I did find the Kodiak Machine mount for the Aimpoint H-1 would grab on the Pardini rail.

I can confirm the Aimpoint mounts I have do not have the recoil lug.

Italian pants are also cut too small for this American body.

SonOfSwede

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 6/21/2022, 3:35 pm

Using the Pardini rail with stock Aimpoint base requires machining the Aimpoint base to have sharp points that dig into the factory Pardini rail/groove.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by toddcfii 6/21/2022, 7:50 pm

SonOfSwede wrote:There may be another problem with the Pardini.  The spec for the width of a Picatinny rail is 21.2 mm.  

I have both a Pardini SP and a Pardini GT45.  The rails width on both of them is 20 mm.  I could not get the Aimpoint or many other mounts to grip on that width.  I did find the Kodiak Machine mount for the Aimpoint H-1 would grab on the Pardini rail.

I can confirm the Aimpoint mounts I have do not have the recoil lug.

Italian pants are also cut too small for this American body.

Yes many Italian things seem better on paper but sure look good. BTW another problem is the mount I have has the bolt too big for either rail. So I am thinking I will take the rail off the HP32 and buy a Kodiak mount for it. And I think best option for the 1911 with RRA rail is to find an aimpoint mount. The one that came with it was for a Ruger MK. 
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down