Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mounting optics

4 posters

Go down

Mounting  optics Empty Mounting optics

Post by Pat Nemes Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:36 am

I recently purchased a new Walther Colt Gold Cup .22 pistol which sizewise is a clone of the Colt 1911. I would like to attach a weaver type base to mount a optical sight. Going into the Weaver site they do not list any bases for the 1911. What  base would I use to mount to the top of the slide? I can do the drilling and tapping.

Thanks

Pat Nemes

Back to top Go down

Mounting  optics Empty Re: Mounting optics

Post by DavidR Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:31 am

a dot optic on a 22 slide unless its tiny and very light may not cycle, all the conversions have it mounted above the actual slide.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by knightimac Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:23 pm

Since the recoil is low on a .22, maybe you could try an Aimtek right grip panel mount using only the two grip screws instead of the the four it's designed for.

All you do is replace right grip panel with scope mount.

I think these are around $50 from midway or cheaper than dirt.

be advised this is a long shot for working but likely better than tapping into the frame or slide right away only to find out it's not a good idea on your new .22.

Smile
knightimac
knightimac

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:27 pm

I'm pretty sure a slide mount wont work on that pistol.  On the match grade .22 conversions only the bottom half of the slide actually moves.  That's the reason it's so easy to mount a scope to those.  The barrel and scope doesn't move to cycle the gun.

Another solution like the grip mount mentioned above is a frame mount.  That way the slide will continue to operate with the weight it was designed with.

Here's a picture of one option from Midway:
Mounting  optics 479634
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down