Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Les Baer Premier vs Hardball

2 posters

Go down

Les Baer Premier vs Hardball Empty Les Baer Premier vs Hardball

Post by Orion Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:03 am

Can the LBC Premier II be used for CMP matches? What’s the component difference between it and the NM Hardball? What components would I need to add and/or remove to make this pistol legal? Thanks
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Les Baer Premier vs Hardball Empty Re: Les Baer Premier vs Hardball

Post by NukeMMC Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:35 am

By the description and pictures on the Les Baer website, the Premier II is legal in current CMP EIC matches.  The beavertail grip safety, front slide serrations, ambidextrous thumb safety and commander-style hammer are all legal in the current CMP rule book.

A couple differences I can see right off the bat:
 - Hardball has 1911-style grip safety and hammer, Premier II has beavertail and commander-style.  If you are prone to hammer-bite on 1911s, the nod goes to the Premier

- Hardball has an undercut front sight vs the ramp front on the Premier.  If you went with a Premier, I would have the front sight changed to an undercut partridge like the Bullseye.

- The biggest difference and most important, IMHO, is the Premier II is available in 45acp, 9mm and 38 super while the Bullseye is only 45acp.  I know you're looking for a 9mm.  What you have to understand, though, is the Premier is more focused on USPSA/IPSC in regard to the 9mm/38 super offerings, so the barrel twist may not be conducive to bullseye velocities.  Only way to find out is ask.  To drop velocities, you would be looking at different recoil spring weights.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:25 am

NukeMMC wrote:By the description and pictures on the Les Baer website, the Premier II is legal in current CMP EIC matches.  The beavertail grip safety, front slide serrations, ambidextrous thumb safety and commander-style hammer are all legal in the current CMP rule book.

A couple differences I can see right off the bat:
 - Hardball has 1911-style grip safety and hammer, Premier II has beavertail and commander-style.  If you are prone to hammer-bite on 1911s, the nod goes to the Premier

- Hardball has an undercut front sight vs the ramp front on the Premier.  If you went with a Premier, I would have the front sight changed to an undercut partridge like the Bullseye.

- The biggest difference and most important, IMHO, is the Premier II is available in 45acp, 9mm and 38 super while the Bullseye is only 45acp.  I know you're looking for a 9mm.  What you have to understand, though, is the Premier is more focused on USPSA/IPSC in regard to the 9mm/38 super offerings, so the barrel twist may not be conducive to bullseye velocities.  Only way to find out is ask.  To drop velocities, you would be looking at different recoil spring weights.

Thanks for the insight. I'll change the front sight if I go with a Premier. I sent a couple questions to Les' customer service team. 

With regards to group size, is there an expected group sizing and difference for the 9mm and 45 ACP? One caliber performs better the other in terms of groupings if both guns were made equally. I.e. Does one caliber tend to group better than the other if they were made exactly the same?
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:40 am

Since I haven't shot the 9 mm or 38 super a whole lot, I am really not the guy to be asking. Maybe Jon Eulette or KC Crawford can chime in.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down