Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walther SSP

+2
NukeMMC
Robert-PA
6 posters

Go down

Walther SSP Empty Walther SSP

Post by Robert-PA 10/10/2022, 10:49 am

Looking into the discontinued walther SSP. I heard the early ones had some problems but  i would like to hear from those that either have one or shot one. Were these guns really problematic and how was the accuracy? Im really attracted to the design, the top loading mag, position of the mag release, etc. Also whats a resonable price on one of these used ?

Robert-PA

Back to top Go down

Walther SSP Empty Re: Walther SSP

Post by NukeMMC 10/10/2022, 11:53 am

We have 3 folks shooting them and a 4th owns one on our team for winter league. All are new in the past 18 months. A disadvantage is those of us shooting tube optics are hindered by the top loading and lack of a scope mount on the back of the pistol.
The electronic trigger is excellent. Accuracy is as expected. One of the guys cannot get used to the grip angle, even after adjustment. He is selling his, with 3 mags, weights and front scope mount for $2800
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 10/11/2022, 6:05 pm

Love mine, not a single problem. It was purchased 3 years ago now.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by boboman 10/11/2022, 6:29 pm

Have used mine for about 5 years, never had or have any problems.

boboman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 10/14/2022, 11:48 am

Mine is an older one and has been solid.

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 11/1/2022, 4:15 pm

I would choose the GSP over the SSP because there are better scope options for the GSP, better parts availability, 32 ACP Conversion, The SSP is going to be discontinued, and there are low cost used GSPs around, and last the GSP has 3 trigger groups you can swap in and out.  

One guy in my league has one and he shoots his FW 93 more but he likes the SSP. 

I was told that post 1984 is the way to go for GSP because of the parts availability. 

If money is no object and your are patient, the GSP500 is headed stateside and that might be better than the GSP and the SSP.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down