Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone compete with CZ or Tanfoglio 45's?

+3
Blazin
Jon Eulette
L. Boscoe
7 posters

Go down

Does anyone compete with CZ or Tanfoglio 45's? Empty Does anyone compete with CZ or Tanfoglio 45's?

Post by L. Boscoe 11/4/2022, 11:29 am

Being a geezer who is not likely to be in competitions, at least of the serious variety, I have a lot  of 45's les Baer and the above
mentioned as well as a really good Sig P220 Match Elite, which is a really good shooter. My performance with all these is
not significantly different, although I do like the fatter grips.  So curiosity prompts the question.

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

Does anyone compete with CZ or Tanfoglio 45's? Empty Re: Does anyone compete with CZ or Tanfoglio 45's?

Post by Jon Eulette 11/4/2022, 11:59 am

Years, no decades ago I used to build TZ race guns. By design they are not match pistols. The barrel has no hood sides to keep barrel from twisting during recoil, the bottom barrel lugs are very difficult to fit, the upper barrel lugs are not large enough to fit and typically no removable barrel bushing; I believe there is someone out there making bushings now. So not much can be done to get 1911 performance in my opinion. They have a great feeling grip though!
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Does anyone compete with CZ or Tanfoglio 45's? Empty Re: Does anyone compete with CZ or Tanfoglio 45's?

Post by Blazin 11/4/2022, 12:38 pm

Have not used one for BE, but a friend and I each own a CZ TSO in 9mm, and we both regularly shoot 1" 25 yard groups with iron sights. Only mods have been tighter barrel bushings.

Blazin

Back to top Go down

Does anyone compete with CZ or Tanfoglio 45's? Empty does anyone compete with CZ or Tanfoglio 45's?

Post by L. Boscoe 11/4/2022, 7:34 pm

Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom offer a lot of tuning of most CZ's, mine had the full deal from CGW.  The Tanfoglio Stock Master and up have bull barrels, and I don't know enough about the mechanisms to address the barrel lug question Jon raises, the Tanfoglio got a trigger job by my local 1911 guru and it is my favorite shooter.  I may see what it does from a Ransom, if the
guru will do it for me-he makes custom 1911's.

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 11/5/2022, 2:50 pm

Every now and then I try a Tanfo Stock 3 9mm at 50yds, usually put it back into the box after 15 or 20rds and go back to the 1911.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by ES350 11/21/2022, 11:34 am

I have a Tanfo limited I bought in 45 barrel fit is so so but shoots really well for out of box gun.
I did not want to spend the 800 or whatever the caliber conversions were for 9 and 40..... or the almost 400 for the bull barrels.
So I ordered 6 in non bull barrels in 9 and 40 .
I milled a longer hooked extractor, threaded barrel and machined a cone to fit slide

With my handloads the 9mm on the 45 breachface is the most accurate 9mm I own (for now am fitting a Kart bull barrel to my 1911 .....) have shot under 2" groups @50 yds and under 1/2" groups @ 25 yds from sandbag.

Open sights and my eyes are definitely limiting the 50 yd groups I feel so will be adding a scope/red dot in future.

Have heard the quality is all over on the tanfo's but one fitted right definitely will shoot!

ES350

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 11/21/2022, 11:46 am

People say the CZ 97 is a very accurate 45acp. I would go with that but you might be better off with a SA RO if you find one.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by L. Boscoe 11/21/2022, 12:03 pm

My experience with both the CZ and the Tan have to do with the big grip, and the
weight/balance of them.  That and I have yet to get where i am decent at field 
stripping a 1911- wind up chasing followers, springs, etc.  I have watched so many you tubes you would think I would be good at it. 
The plan is to make the 1911 heavy and get to where I can field strip it like I could 30 years ago.  The 1911 trigger is better, IMHO.

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 11/21/2022, 12:27 pm

I have 2 CZ 75 pistols in stock configuration and they have been very accurate, but I’m not sure they’re “Bullseye accurate”.  I believe they can be made more accurate by gunsmiths like CZ Custom.  The CZ 97 is equally accurizable.  I also know that the Tanfoglio had or has a following in Europe for IPSC competitions.  My feeling on these is like mine on the SARO.  For anyone up to an “almost making Master” Expert Bullseye shooter they will work as a competition pistol. So a Tanfoglio or CZ could be used, but with the number of true Bullseye pistols out there for not much more, I wonder if they’re cost effective.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down