Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Length of matches

5 posters

Go down

Length of matches Empty Length of matches

Post by SaraiEsq Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:47 pm

I am trying to figure out how long it would take to shoot a 900 indoors (25 yds, B8/B16, turning targets).

Using the Bullseye App, and selecting All Commands, the Slow Fire portion would take about 11 minutes (10 minutes to fire plus 1 minute of commands).  Timed Fire (two 5-shot strings) takes a little over 2 minutes, as does Rapid Fire.  That takes right at 45 minutes but doesn't include actually scoring the targets.

Allowing 5 minutes to score each course adds another 45 minutes.  Is that reasonable?  (Remember this is indoors so no treks to the 50 yard line...)

All of which leads me to the conclusion that 90 minutes is the baseline.  Does that jive with your experiences?

And if this were a NMC x 3 (22/CF/45), additional time would be needed to switch out pistols, right?
SaraiEsq
SaraiEsq

Back to top Go down

Length of matches Empty Re: Length of matches

Post by DA/SA Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:07 pm

We shoot a 900 at 25 yds outdoors and it usually takes an hour and a half to an hour and three quarters. That's with walking to and from the targets to score. We don't wait the full ten minutes in SF before scoring, just until everyone is finished shooting.
DA/SA
DA/SA

SaraiEsq and Sparky_D like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:27 pm

Depends on how you score. If you pull targets after each string and score at the end the range time is a bit quicker. If scoring between each target more time will be needed. Hour and a half to two hours is a reasonable estimate. Typically the 1800 matches I run take about 4-5 hours scoring after each target, switching guns, and a brief food break. 2700s can be completed in 5-6 hours with a lunch break. The trick is how efficient the shooters are at scoring, the more debate on if a shot is in or not, the longer it takes.
chiz1180
chiz1180

SaraiEsq likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:01 pm

Having shot a number of 900 point matches, we generally schedule a hour and a half and run late.  Hour and 45 you should be good.
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

SaraiEsq likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:34 pm

Chiz hit the nail on the head when he stated how efficient the shooters are in scoring. People have too much of a tendency to check their targets first which only slows down the scoring process. I was taught to go to the target you are responsible for.  The first thing is to verify 10 hits on the target.  Start by scoring the X-ring first and score outward.  As a scorer DO NOT touch the target with anything (i.e.finger, pencil) In the case of scoring a hard holder you will sometimes need to use an overlay to establish the scoring ring, identifying a double or determine shot value.  A plug is never to be used by the scorer only the line officer.  Which most of them do not know how to properly use a plug.  Most of all be fair and honest in your scoring.  If the shooter doesn't agree tell him to staple his challenge fee to the target and let the range officials handle it! Most of the time they will be harder on scoring than you are!

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:39 pm

Allen Barnett wrote: Start by scoring the X-ring first and score outward.  
I always score from the outside to the center.

That way if you are scoring an alibi target you only score the ten lowest scoring shots. The X's may not count!
DA/SA
DA/SA

Sa-tevp, Sparky_D and targetbarb like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down