Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACME BULLIT CO.

+4
BE Mike
Wobbley
RoyDean
Multiracer
8 posters

Go down

ACME BULLIT CO. Empty ACME BULLIT CO.

Post by Multiracer Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:33 pm

Quality products, powder coated, No Lube Groove, wonderful packaging, wonderful storage container, shipped immediately upon order confirmation. Great for the indoor leagues and matches.

ACME BULLIT CO. Img_2037
ACME BULLIT CO. Img_2038

Multiracer

orpheoet, tomj44 and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

ACME BULLIT CO. Empty Re: ACME BULLIT CO.

Post by RoyDean Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:15 pm

https://www.acmebullet.com/45-ACP-185SWC

$59.40 for 500 plus shipping. 

Interesting alternative to Brazos. 

Not shooting LSWC at present, but will keep in mind for the future.

RoyDean

Multiracer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:35 pm

Let us know how they shoot!
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:58 am

Wobbley wrote:Let us know how they shoot!
I have used these indoors for years, they are dandy at 50 feet. I just restocked as I have been out of shooting since the covid era.
I will now do a weekly any caliber league indoors and twice a month bullseye matches indoors this winter.

Multiracer

orpheoet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:31 am

I've shot quite a few of these and also quite a few of the Precision Bullets that are similar, but a hard swaged bullet with a cupped base. It would really be interesting to see a comparison at 50 yards, out of an accurized match pistol; from a machine rest. I sold mine a long time ago. https://precisionbullets.com/product/45-200-swc/ I think with Acme charging Wisconsin sales tax and shipping, that Precision Bullets (free shipping) is the better bargain, but you don't get the great wood box with Precision Bullets!
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:00 am

Wonder if you can ship the folded up box back!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:29 am

BE Mike wrote: It would really be interesting to see a comparison at 50 yards, out of an accurized match pistol; from a machine rest.
Dave Wilson (fc60) did test the Precision swaged .45 LSWC. and out of the box they didn't do so well. He did re-swage some though, and they shot well after that though IIRC. Don't recall him ever testing the Acme's though.

Perhaps he will chime in.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:11 pm

james r chapman wrote:Wonder if you can ship the folded up box back!

The box is wood and jointed together.  You would have to break it apart to flatten the pieces.

I have used these in 9MM before.  I only used them as a training round in my CC guns so never tested them for real accuracy but they are reliable for my use.  They do have a little narrower point to them vs Brazos bullets of the same 115gr weight.  The first time I loaded Brazos with my die set for the ACME bullet I ended up with a gun that got stuck just out of battery because of the fatter bullets.  Could have been the gun's chamber too but either way, I had to reset the bullet into each one of the 500 or so loaded rounds I had just finished up.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:30 pm

John Dervis wrote:
james r chapman wrote:Wonder if you can ship the folded up box back!

The box is wood and jointed together.  You would have to break it apart to flatten the pieces.

I have used these in 9MM before.  I only used them as a training round in my CC guns so never tested them for real accuracy but they are reliable for my use.  They do have a little narrower point to them vs Brazos bullets of the same 115gr weight.  The first time I loaded Brazos with my die set for the ACME bullet I ended up with a gun that got stuck just out of battery because of the fatter bullets.  Could have been the gun's chamber too but either way, I had to reset the bullet into each one of the 500 or so loaded rounds I had just finished up.

John
I'm surprised that you didn't make a test dummy round...like you should with any new projectile. No
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

P.E. Kelley likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:44 pm

I'm surprised that you didn't make a test dummy round...like you should with any new projectile. ACME BULLIT CO. Kopfschuettel

Well…
  In this case the OAL was the same and the loaded rounds worked in two other guns and even worked in this one for a good many shots - until it didn’t. I think the chamber on this gun is a tad short which contributed. In my after action examination, these rounds plunked into the other barrels perfect and looked pretty good in this one too but just not perfect every time. It took a bit of looking and measuring to figure out the difference in bullet shape. I did then load some new rounds seated a little deeper for a test and those did the trick. That left me to decide what to do with my bad batch. I could have spent money and ordered a tool to cut the chamber deeper,  could have pulled all the bullets and reloaded and then I had an Aha moment and tried to seat a loaded round to the new setting. What do you know, it worked so it became the preferred fix.  In retrospect I could have sold the gun to you and not done any of those things. Smile

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:50 pm

Didn't it take about three years to buy that revolver off of you?
The price of the gun was good...the bribe to the boss not so much.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down