Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xesse Optic Mount

+3
rich.tullo
jglenn21
Arthur
7 posters

Go down

Xesse Optic Mount  Empty Xesse Optic Mount

Post by Arthur 1/21/2023, 6:54 am

Looking for help deciding between optic mount brands / companies for my Xesse. 

Champions Choice or Red Feather? Neither company has decent pictures or descriptions so I really can't tell between the two. They could be the same and I wouldn't know it. 

I want to be able to switch between irons and optics quickly and easily as I will be using the same gun for EIC and 2700s. 

Thanks in advance. 
Arthur

Arthur

ermakevin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Xesse Optic Mount  Empty Re: Xesse Optic Mount

Post by jglenn21 1/23/2023, 4:09 pm

I can speak to the redfeather mount.be very easy to remove and replace. Very similar to their 208 mount. Simply replaces the front weight and is snuged up by one Allen screw. Weights can still be used.on the mount.
jglenn21
jglenn21

ermakevin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur 1/23/2023, 5:25 pm

jglenn21 wrote:I can speak to the redfeather mount.be very easy to remove and replace. Very similar to their 208 mount. Simply replaces the front weight and is snuged up by one Allen screw. Weights can still be used.on the mount.

Thanks!! Order has been placed. 

Best regards, 
Arthur

Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 5/21/2024, 7:16 am

jglenn21 wrote:I can speak to the redfeather mount.be very easy to remove and replace. Very similar to their 208 mount. Simply replaces the front weight and is snuged up by one Allen screw. Weights can still be used.on the mount.
Does it fit on xesse with the dove tail barrel?
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by ermakevin 5/21/2024, 7:25 am

Ditto 
just make sure you acquire the correct rack for you pistol. there are two lengths a 4 1/2 in and the 6 in 
all depending on the length barrel you have,   Question
ermakevin
ermakevin

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 5/21/2024, 10:26 am

rich.tullo wrote:Does it fit on xesse with the dove tail barrel?

Yes. The RedFeather/Larry's, that is. No idea of the CC one.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 5/28/2024, 5:45 pm

-TT- wrote:

I bought one for my Xesse. Got it today and installed it. If I loosen  the clamp for the bottom dovetail I can pull the mount forward but not far enough to remove it. It acts like the groove that is cut for clearance on the front sight post is not long enough?

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc 5/28/2024, 8:53 pm

Foundryratjim wrote:
-TT- wrote:

I bought one for my Xesse. Got it today and installed it. If I loosen  the clamp for the bottom dovetail I can pull the mount forward but not far enough to remove it. It acts like the groove that is cut for clearance on the front sight post is not long enough?

I had to remove the front sight pin on my X-esse Expert for the Red Feather mount to attach it. My only concern is keeping track of the sight pin and set screw.
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 5/28/2024, 9:20 pm

sbtzc wrote:
Foundryratjim wrote:
-TT- wrote:

I had to remove the front sight pin on my X-esse Expert for the Red Feather mount to attach it. My only concern is keeping track of the sight pin and set screw.
I don't see where my front sight is removable. I believe mine is the base model.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 5/29/2024, 11:09 am

All is well now. I used a file to relieve some metal dro the groove cut for the front sight.  Thanks.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 5/30/2024, 2:00 pm

It's interesting that it went on, but didn't come off. The front sight fits into the same notch either way. Mine has no issue - how much did you have to remove, and where?
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 5/30/2024, 2:12 pm

-TT- wrote:It's interesting that it went on, but didn't come off. The front sight fits into the same notch either way. Mine has no issue - how much did you have to remove, and where?
When I installed it the first time. I did it in pieces because it would not go on like it supposed to. There is a groove that is cut to clear the front sight. After the rail was anodized another cut was taken in the groove to make it deeper. It was not cut long enough, about a half inch short of what it needed to be. I found a file that was the width of the groove. I just took small amounts out of the grove until I could slide the mount on.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 5/30/2024, 3:30 pm

Mine was purchased from Larry with the pistol, maybe yours was different (being from his unsorted stock via RedFeather). The Xesse and the Trailside before it had a few different slightly different configurations.

The groove on mine is fully anodized, it's 4mm deep and 80mm long, it extends about 1/2" behind the tail of the clamp. Sounds like yours is good to go now!
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 5/30/2024, 3:50 pm

Here is a picture I took.
Attachments
Xesse Optic Mount  Attachment
IMG_20240530_164947.gif You don't have permission to download attachments.(294 Kb) Downloaded 6 times

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 5/30/2024, 4:08 pm

Yours looks exactly like mine except for that extra cut. I wonder if your gun has a taller front sight, mine is tiny and only 3mm high. Date code is "BD" - 2013.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim 5/30/2024, 4:43 pm

Xesse Optic Mount  Pxl_2025
Mine says DE 2022Xesse Optic Mount  Pxl_2024

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 5/30/2024, 6:34 pm

Yours is the newer model, with the numeric date. Those sometimes have a triangle-shaped front sight, which can rotate to adjust the visible width. Even with a fixed sight, it's probably different from mine.

But! Your sight has RedFeather engraved, apparently they've made a new production run. Which is cool, but you may want to let them know the fitment issue.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down