Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal, portable, turning target

3 posters

Go down

Personal, portable, turning target Empty Personal, portable, turning target

Post by Single_handed Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:28 pm

I found SmDial’s target system he’s posted on the forum to be quite intriguing. I haven’t been able to find many (read: any) bullseye matches around where I live. I wanted a target that I could transport by myself, setup anywhere and used batteries that I already have and are easy to change and charge. Milwaukee M18 batteries were my poison. I contacted Dial and he put together a control board after I explained my plans a bit. I already had the steel and aluminum from my own stocks so the whole build cost me around $250. If I build it again, I’d change a bit around, I’d like the target to face a bit faster. But my original goal was to have it man portable, rigid, repeatable, easy to use and because I’m all out of spares in the limb/finger dept. I really liked the idea that it runs off of the “Bullseye Match” application on my iPad. So I can run it by myself from my iPad. Thus far it checks all these boxes. I still need to machine a few things once I get some lathe/mill time, and I may change from a direct drive to a chain drive, ┬ábut here’s the target so far. ┬áThank you VERY much to Smdial and Mr. Talpey, the bullseye match app developer. Both have been indispensable in helping me get my target built and functioning.

https://youtu.be/lULU5fMD6iM

Last edited by Single_handed on Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trouble attaching photo)
Single_handed
Single_handed

fc60, -TT-, Foundryratjim, SaraiEsq and FimRire RongLifle like this post

Back to top Go down

Personal, portable, turning target Empty Re: Personal, portable, turning target

Post by fc60 Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:23 pm

Greetings,

Very nice job.

Now to start hanging around the appliance stores watching for refrigerator and washing machine cardboard boxes...

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

SaraiEsq likes this post

Back to top Go down

Personal, portable, turning target Empty Re: Personal, portable, turning target

Post by smdial Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:39 pm

Awesome job, Single_Handed!!

smdial

http://indy1800.org

SaraiEsq likes this post