Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

star, magnus, zero swaged bullet quality

4 posters

Go down

star, magnus, zero swaged bullet quality Empty star, magnus, zero swaged bullet quality

Post by 10sandxs 3/6/2023, 9:58 am

Im looking for input on the 38cal 158 SWC and 185gr hollowpoint swaged bullet quality (acccuracy) comparision for the three manufacutrers in the title. I've got a good amount of all to sell for a friend and want to be able to give an informed opinioin on them. 

I've heard a lot about star and zero, but not as much about Magnus. Of course, I cast my own so have never shot swaged and haven't paid attention to threads regarding them either.

thanks in advance.

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

star, magnus, zero swaged bullet quality Empty Re: star, magnus, zero swaged bullet quality

Post by fc60 3/6/2023, 10:32 am

Greetings,

I tested some Zero 185 solid and HP 45 ACP bullets for a friend.

Gold Cup barrel mounted in test fixture.

Groups fired at 50 yards...

Bullets culled by eye for defects.

Cheers,

Davestar, magnus, zero swaged bullet quality 45gc_013
star, magnus, zero swaged bullet quality 45gc_014
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

star, magnus, zero swaged bullet quality Empty Re: star, magnus, zero swaged bullet quality

Post by PMcfall 3/6/2023, 11:00 am

Never shot any Magnus but shot plenty of 185 SWCHP Stars with white lube and Zero.  I found, at least in my pistols, the Zero shoots slightly better but not enough to worry about.
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 3/6/2023, 1:19 pm

Zeroes are Magnus. Magnus are Zeroes. Well, actually they're all Zeroes. Magnus resells them.

Dave

Dcforman

LenV and jcullen47 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down