Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glare in red dot sight

3 posters

Go down

Glare in red dot sight  Empty Glare in red dot sight

Post by RodJ 5/30/2023, 11:31 pm

Probably missing something here, because I normally shoot irons. When holding the pistol at 45 degrees prepping to shoot, I look down at my sights (or red dot) to check alignment. 

Tonight was shooting indoors with an ultra dot that I just mounted on my Ruger MkII. There was a lot of glare from overhead lights reflecting on the back lens (facing me) such that it was interfering with my ability to pick up the dot. 

Am I doing something wrong? The front of the UD has an extension to prevent glare on that end, but nothing on the rear end. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Glare in red dot sight  Empty Re: Glare in red dot sight

Post by james r chapman 5/31/2023, 5:19 am

Rear shade helps
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper 5/31/2023, 10:39 am

Rod, try getting your position with your thumb first, then get your grip from the bench. I used to try finding the dot at the 45 degree but quit and now close my eyes and bring the gun up to level and make adjustments. If my dot is way off then my grip could be off from my normal grip. Then I close my eyes and repeat and make adjustments in my stance by the rear foot, take a couple of dry fires to confirm. This might help.
Stan

chopper

Larryb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 5/31/2023, 2:45 pm

Thanks guys. My UD has a rubber ring on the back, but in closer inspection… the sight shade works on both ends. Doh!!

But I’ll try choppers advice. The dot does show up when I lift. It’s just different from irons for me. I start focusing on them before I raise.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down