Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combo Rail legal or not for SP EIC?

+3
Jon Eulette
shoot308
Tim:H11
7 posters

Go down

Combo Rail legal or not for SP EIC? Empty Combo Rail legal or not for SP EIC?

Post by Tim:H11 Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:53 am

Question about Service Pistol rules pertaining to equipment (pistols). Is a combo rail allowable? The rules don’t mention a rail specifically, however they do say no “recoil reduction systems”. Now.. a sight rib with no rail options is basically added weight to help slow the slide down and dampen or change the recoil impulse. And a combo rail could do the same thing. But when looking at a combo rail - the primary or intended function is to be able to take the optic sight off and utilize iron sights. So is a combo rail legal or not for a service pistol? I will be asking the officials while I’m here at Perry but I thought I’d toss this one out for discussion. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Combo Rail legal or not for SP EIC? Empty Re: Combo Rail legal or not for SP EIC?

Post by shoot308 Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:54 am

Yes they are legal but pistol needs to make I think 43OZ weight.

shoot308

Back to top Go down

Combo Rail legal or not for SP EIC? Empty Re: Combo Rail legal or not for SP EIC?

Post by Jon Eulette Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:00 pm

Recoil reduction has always referred to compensators. Weighted guide rods (tungsten) are legal, bull barrels (heavier) are also legal. But the added weight is not considered recoil reducing. 
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:54 pm

Weight limit is 45 ounces, not 43 (they changed it a few months ago). You must be under with an empty mag loaded in the well. Bomar style and combo ribs are legal.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:59 pm

Just a couple of years ago I owned a really nice STI Range Master bull barrel 38 super 1911. Whilst at that time I had not yet experienced a really well tuned bullseye 1911, it was, if my memory serves, a really good gun. I impetuously sold it on because, at the time, it was not legal for CMP EIC Service Pistol, I sent photos and full details to the CMP to confirm. Ho hum, it now seems that that gun is indeed now legal, what a pity!

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:31 am

Dcforman wrote:Weight limit is 45 ounces, not 43 (they changed it a few months ago). You must be under with an empty mag loaded in the well. Bomar style and combo ribs are legal.
Dave
Wow, now I can shoot my Clark .38 Special Heavy Slide....just kidding.  My HB gun is in the safe for anyone who needs it.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:07 am

For anyone intending to try the Rock River combo rib, it weighs 6.41 ounces in the five inch length.  Though not a combo rib, the Aristocrat weighs 4.7 ounces.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:15 am

Just an FYI to piggyback on inthebeech's post.. 

The Rock River rib uses the standard Clark/New Bomar hole pattern which is common nowadays. The Aristocrat rib uses a different hole pattern. They are nice sights, though.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down