Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Dot problem on my Ultra Dot Four

+4
Ed Hall
ScottB
Wobbley
ser2711
8 posters

Go down

Red Dot problem on my Ultra Dot Four Empty Red Dot problem on my Ultra Dot Four

Post by ser2711 8/3/2023, 9:25 am

I own a "Ultra Dot Four, the red dot can be seen clearly but it has annoying rays of light that start from the nucleus..it depends on my eye, or is it a red dot defect? I tryed with different gassess,I have astismatism,but nothing has changed.

ser2711

Back to top Go down

Red Dot problem on my Ultra Dot Four Empty Re: Red Dot problem on my Ultra Dot Four

Post by Wobbley 8/3/2023, 9:40 am

Get your eye doctor to check your astigmatism.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Red Dot problem on my Ultra Dot Four Empty Re: Red Dot problem on my Ultra Dot Four

Post by ScottB 8/3/2023, 9:53 am

Rotate the dot while you're looking through it.  If the "annoying rays of light" stay in the same place then it's your eyes.
ScottB
ScottB

mspingeld and Sparky_D like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall 8/3/2023, 12:37 pm

Look at the dot through an aperture.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Merick 8/3/2023, 12:52 pm

Check what it looks like to your phone's camera.

Merick

Back to top Go down

Post by JRV 8/3/2023, 1:33 pm

You’re describing a stereotypical astigmatism issue, assuming the dot is otherwise free of defects (checking the dot with a camera and rotating it are great tests, as mentioned).

There are solutions. I applied an adhesive aperture from Shooting Sight to the dominant eye of my shooting glasses. Whatever optical phenomenon that’s supposed to occur definitely occurs. No more starburst rays.

JRV

Back to top Go down

Post by rbwillnj 8/3/2023, 9:15 pm

I can tell when I need a new prescription based on how bad the dot is.
rbwillnj
rbwillnj

http://StarMachineWorks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ser2711 8/4/2023, 1:08 am

Maybe I found the solution, I should have tried first.. of the 11 intensity at 4 this problem is practically solved but still the dot is not perfectly round but this is my eye problem

ser2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodger Barthlow 8/4/2023, 9:33 am

What has been suggested in the other post is the way to go for now.
I was just at my Optometrist the other day and my eyes are somewhat stable but I have cataracts in both eyes with the one in my dominant eye being dead center of the retina which causes blurry vision. 
Yes it can be removed and a new lens put in but the Doctor says it is not hard enough to be removed and I should wait is it can cause complications, so I have to live with it for a while longer.
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down