Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beretta 92fs What’s a good scope mount ?

4 posters

Go down

Beretta 92fs What’s a good scope mount ? Empty Beretta 92fs What’s a good scope mount ?

Post by bruce martindale 9/28/2023, 9:25 am

Remove the rear sight?

What is a good lightweight scope too? Thinking of a small reflex type, not too expensive 

To be used for action pistol. Not my wheelhouse.

Thanks

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Beretta 92fs What’s a good scope mount ? Empty Re: Beretta 92fs What’s a good scope mount ?

Post by Wobbley 9/28/2023, 9:51 am

If it’s for a Beretta… I’d go to the OEM and use this

[url=https://estore.beretta.com/en-be/product/92-series-docter-red-dot-sight-mount-by-burris-DB410324#:~:text=Beretta Special AccessoriesSight Mount base,fits a Burris Docter base.]https://estore.beretta.com/en-be/product/92-series-docter-red-dot-sight-mount-by-burris-DB410324#:~:text=Beretta%20Special%20AccessoriesSight%20Mount%20base,fits%20a%20Burris%20Docter%20base.[/url]

I have Burris FastFire 3 on my guns like this one.  It works well and will fit the mount linked.Beretta 92fs What’s a good scope mount ? Img_0714
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Beretta 92fs What’s a good scope mount ? Empty Re: Beretta 92fs What’s a good scope mount ?

Post by JRV 9/28/2023, 9:58 am

If your pistol is a 92FS and not one of the newer RDO/optics ready models, you will need a dovetail adapter.  These are tall adapters, as they accommodate the firing pin safety’s upward travel, but they will allow you to mount a reflex sight after drifting out the rear iron sight.  

EGW is a major manufacturer of these adapters.  They are sold out at the moment on EGW’s site, but they might be in stock at other retailers or the secondary market.  They come in two varieties: the Docter/Noblex footprint and the RMR/Holosun footprint.  

I do not know what “not too expensive” is for you, but the RMR footprint rules the roost for action pistol competition.  CHPWS and Holosun both manufacture large-window, competition-oriented optics for the RMR footprint for what I consider to be reasonable prices.  If a slightly smaller window is tolerable, the Holosun 407 series offers great durability and battery life for value.

The less expensive optics for the other footprint (Vortex and Burris offerings, for example) tend to be more fragile, have shorter battery lives, and have slower refresh rates on their electronics (which makes for a “stuttering” dot while the gun moves).  It’s a limitation of the footprint and not helped by the absence of iteration.  They're certainly not "unusable" dots, but if you ever need to track a moving target (the Action Pistol mover, an IDPA/USPSA swinger) or make a big transition (like in Steel Challenge), the flickering is annoying, especially when target-focused.

JRV

Back to top Go down

Post by bihammond 9/28/2023, 5:38 pm

Langdon Tactical is the go-to for the Beretta 92 in carry / action pistol configurations, especially mounting a red dot. He re-works the slide to get the dot lower than the OEM version. I simply bought a second slide from him so I can swap irons for a dot but he will cut and re-work your slide (some limitations based on model of 92).

bihammond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down