Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accuracy-X Slide on S/A Mil-Spec Frame Range Report

5 posters

Go down

Accuracy-X Slide on S/A Mil-Spec Frame Range Report Empty Accuracy-X Slide on S/A Mil-Spec Frame Range Report

Post by Amanda4461 Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:41 pm

For those who wonder if the Accuracy-X slide upgrade to your particular 1911 frame is worth the money, here is my range report of the first range outage at 25 yards. 50 yards will have to wait until I get back from a trip to the in-laws.
I requested the following items from Accuracy X:
1911 5-inch Multi-Sight Accuracy Upgrade. .45 ACP, Satin Stainless. $1,295
Labor to fit and install the Multi-Sight upgrade. $100
Adjustable Bo-Mar style rear sight module. $149.95
.300 x .100 Front SLOT SIGHT. $39.95
Multi-Sight Leupold Optic plate. $109.95

The frame that I supplied for this upgrade was a standard Springfield Armory Mil-Spec .45, arched mainspring and stock trigger that is crisp and breaks at 3.75lbs. This gun with a red dot would typically shoot my normal Bullseye load (200gr Zero LSWC with 3.7gr Bullseye) somewhere in the black at 25 yards, stock from S/A. I sent the whole gun to Accuracy X, and received back the frame with the Accuracy X slide, a nicely fit and polished KKM barrel, the tightest barrel bushing that I have encountered, over and above what Les Baer sends out, and the parts listed above. It was ready to try out, with their own recoil spring and GI-type stainless, angled recoil plug and spring cap, also stainless.
My original slide, barrel and small parts came back in a plastic bag, well-padded.
      My first impression was surprise. Surprised that the tolerances of the cuts on the slide, the lack of up/down, side-to-side and back and forth play being eliminated, and the feel of the slide movement was so smooth and precise. Finish is basically smooth as can be, with no noticeable machine tool marks.
      The Multi-Sight plate system works as-advertised. I used the adjustable rear sight plate first, to get it on paper. The Leupold DeltaPointPro was then installed. I found out that Leupold had sent out under-sized screws when I first attempted to fit the RDS to the plate. Leupold sent me free screws of the proper size, no charge. They are M4 x 15.8mm, Dome, Torx. Some DeltaPointPros have come out with undersized screw threads. The free screws have the correct dimensions.
      After a cleaning and oil application, off to the range. 25 yards, resting my hands on the bench top. 5 rounds at each target with the only ammo available today. The target pics have the reloading data tag on them. I'll do the 50 yard test and a Ransom Rest test when I return.
The pistol shoots better than I expected, especially since I only tried one load in it. My experience with Accuracy X has been superb. Steve and Stacey are pleasant, knowledgeable and they deliver on their promises.
Time to load some Zero JHP!
Attachments
Accuracy-X Slide on S/A Mil-Spec Frame Range Report Attachment
MilSpec after Accuracy-X build IMG_2464.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(94 Kb) Downloaded 70 times
Accuracy-X Slide on S/A Mil-Spec Frame Range Report Attachment
MilSpec after Accuracy-X build IMG_2468.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(80 Kb) Downloaded 48 times

Last edited by Amanda4461 on Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:03 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Description)
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

SW-52, shanneba and JRV like this post

Back to top Go down

Accuracy-X Slide on S/A Mil-Spec Frame Range Report Empty Re: Accuracy-X Slide on S/A Mil-Spec Frame Range Report

Post by ScottB Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:31 pm

Thanks for the range report, looks great!  What was the turn-around time to get the work done?

ScottB

Back to top Go down

Accuracy-X Slide on S/A Mil-Spec Frame Range Report Empty Re: Accuracy-X Slide on S/A Mil-Spec Frame Range Report

Post by Amanda4461 Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:33 pm

Pistol mailed to Accuracy X on 9/14.
Accuracy X shipped it back to me on 10/20.
Amanda4461
Amanda4461

ScottB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JRV Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:25 pm

Steve’s a great presence on the line. Super nice guy. We’ve been fortunate to have him at a few matches!

JRV

Single_handed likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by r_zerr Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:01 pm

I see the abandonment of Colt Gold Cups on the horizon

r_zerr

Amanda4461 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:51 pm

Amanda 4461 Thanks for this post.

Skid

Amanda4461 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down