Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great match at Bridgewater, NJ last weekend

3 posters

Go down

Great match at Bridgewater, NJ last weekend Empty Great match at Bridgewater, NJ last weekend

Post by Oleg G Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:22 am

Many thanks to Mary and Ray for organizing and running a great indoor 1800 match at Bridgewater, NJ. The highlight of the match was paperless scoring using smartphones, which made entering scores a breeze for competitors. As always, Mary and Ray ran a flawless match.

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

mspingeld, 88keys and SaraiEsq like this post

Back to top Go down

Great match at Bridgewater, NJ last weekend Empty Re: Great match at Bridgewater, NJ last weekend

Post by mustachio Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:41 pm

I shot there a few times many years ago. Always well run.
mustachio
mustachio

Back to top Go down

Great match at Bridgewater, NJ last weekend Empty Re: Great match at Bridgewater, NJ last weekend

Post by Jwhelan939 Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:08 pm

I know it’s dumb, but being right on the other side of the Delaware, I’ve always been a little intimidated to bring my firearms to Jersey. I know you can’t have hp ammunition there. Any other little things a Pa person should know about shooting in NJ? I just googled and this match was less than an hour from me.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:16 am

I am a PA resident and shoot many matches in Jersey. Here are two ways of bringing firearms to the match:

1. Without a NJ non-resident permit to carry concealed firearms

a. Pistols and magazines (not loaded) in one locked container - your pistol box - and ammo in a separate locked container.
b. Weapons and ammo located in a part of the vehicle not easily accessible to the driver - trunk, or the cargo area of an SUV.

To my knowledge, these two conditions satisfy the Federal requirements for interstate firearms transport.

c. Print out and have with you within easy reach, the match bulletin, specifying the conditions and location of the match and an email confirming that you are signed up to shoot the match at a specific range, on a specific date, starting at a specific time.

To my knowledge, these two pieces of paper satisfy the NJ state requirement of transporting firearms from your residence directly to the place of their legal and allowed use, a.k.a. a shooting range.

d. Drive under the speed limit and be very alert to driving conditions around you to minimize a chance of an encounter with NJ state or local police.

This is how I attended NJ matches BEFORE I got my non-resident permit for concealed carry of firearms in the state of New Jersey.

2. With a concealed carry permit

a. Drive under the speed limit and be very alert to driving conditions around you to minimize a chance of an encounter with NJ state or local police.

To my knowledge, possessing a concealed carry permit negates the requirements, which I listed in point 1.

In no way this opinion should be construed as a legal advice. This is just one person humble point of view. As always, YMMV.

If you are interested in getting the NJ carry permit, an easy Internet search should get you started. Or contact me and I will share my personal experience. Getting the permit in NJ is now much easier because in 2022, following the Supreme Court decision concerning NY state, NJ had to drop the requirement to "demonstrate the need" or some such, which made the permit unobtainable before 2022. The procedure to get a permit is still quite onerous, tedious, lengthy and expensive (about $500), and permit is only valid for 2 years, but for me, at least, it is worth it. 

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Jwhelan939, sayracin and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down