Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What rings to mount Aimpoint 9000sc on Xesse SF

+4
tovaert
RoyDean
WesG
Rush223
8 posters

Go down

What rings to mount Aimpoint 9000sc on Xesse SF Empty What rings to mount Aimpoint 9000sc on Xesse SF

Post by Rush223 Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:17 pm

What would be the recommended rings to mount an Aimpoint 9000sc on an Xesse SF. I like the 30 mm high (0.60”) 11 mm dovetail but was wondering if there would be a better choice. 

Would there be a better choice of optic to mount to the barrel of this pistol. 
Thanks

Rush

Rush223

Back to top Go down

What rings to mount Aimpoint 9000sc on Xesse SF Empty Re: What rings to mount Aimpoint 9000sc on Xesse SF

Post by WesG Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:42 am

Hate to say it, but I've had several occasions of  "FAIL" when it comes to rings fitting either a standard dovetail ... or worse .. a 'Picatinny" rail ...

A "Standard" that way too many people ignore the dimensions of ... They *DO NOT* seat on the top of the rail ... like a dovetail ...

GRRRRRR ..... AAAAA ... holes .....

I have a fixture somewhere amongst ... 'Lord knows how many', to fix the garbage that's been thrown my way ...

Leupold QR rings among the worst. Clamp them on a rail in a 'vertical' vise and contour them. The screws being angled ... another major problem with alignment after *fixing* the problem. Other than that ... they're great ...

Not sure between ...

'I fix you up mang' or ... 'suck this' ...

Or I'm too stupid ... and have to make my own ... *everything* ...

WesG

Back to top Go down

What rings to mount Aimpoint 9000sc on Xesse SF Empty Re: What rings to mount Aimpoint 9000sc on Xesse SF

Post by RoyDean Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:41 am

Whilst I empathize with WesG. Not all of us have the skill or access to machines to properly fix "typical" ring bad tolerances.

To the OP. I don't own an Xesse, but do have a 9000sc mounted on a 208S with a "Larry's" style rail. For a 22 I favour Monstrum rings, but everyone seems to have their own strong preference.

What I would say is that, in general, it is better to use the lowest rings that will fit.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:26 am

Coming from the rifle world, the best scope rings I have encountered are the M-Brace rings from American Rifle Co.

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:11 pm

When I had an X-esse and mounted an 11mm Aimpoint H-1 mount to it I had to use a small piece of tread tape with the adhesive side to the barrel to keep the Aimpoint mount from moving.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:09 am

Have 2 mounts that use the Primary Arms MD25 red dot, which uses the same footprint as the Aimpoint micro T and H series. One is a 11mm cantilever mount that was made by a member here, awesome product. The other is the Aimpoint 11mm mount for the Micro series.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:46 pm

I have 5 Xesse pistols all of which have the 11mm dovetail.  On 2 of the pistols I am running Warne 1" 11mm dovetail "RING" (Yep that is right only ONE ring) with Ultra Dot's and have never had any issues with movement or not holding zero.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Rush223 Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:11 pm

Just received my new Xesse SF. Expert. It Does Not Have the Grooved Barrel.
So my question is moot. The date on the gun is 2022. The manual mentions the grooved barrel. It does have a nice trigger. I have the cantilever optic mount but was hoping for a more elegant mounting system.
Rush

Rush223

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:10 pm

So, these/this company that 'serial number' their rings as 'matched pairs' ...

If you can't make 2 pieces at random that match each other within +-.002 ...

You either have no business making scope rings... let alone quite possibly anything else of importance...

Or you're just preying upon morons with your marketing BS.

Not that I'm being judgemental ...

After a (partial) lifetime as a tool and die maker and machinist.

WesG

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:27 pm

Sc0 wrote:Have 2 mounts that use the Primary Arms MD25 red dot, which uses the same footprint as the Aimpoint micro T and H series.  One is a 11mm cantilever mount that was made by a member here, awesome product.  The other is the Aimpoint 11mm mount for the Micro series.
A little 3m double sided tape and weaver to dove tail adapters on your current ring should work fine. 

I made sure to line center point of the ring adapter to the W in Walther on the slide and it works fine. 

I assume the 9000SC  is scope you have already and it is a great scope for that gun because of the weight. Short rings will not work, Medium Rings will be hit or miss with that scope. 

A more economical option is Aimpoint HD clone (I like PA Advanced, over 5000 rounds 45acp and still holds zero) with the Aimpoint 11MM Dove tail mount. Harken Spur makes a mount too , I bought the Aimpoint by accident. I know Harken Spur and he makes mounts and accessories for dozens of special forces world wide so I would guess it is way better than the aimpoint adapter for about the same price.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:49 pm

Rush223 wrote:Just received my new Xesse SF. Expert. It Does Not Have  the Grooved Barrel.
So my question is moot.  The date on the gun is 2022. The manual mentions the grooved barrel.  It does have a nice trigger.  I have the cantilever optic mount but was hoping for a more elegant  mounting system.
Rush
Red Feather has a mount for that gun, looks like the old Larry's mount call them and see if they have in stock. Champions choice has a mount too, those accept pic style rings but does not look as nice as the Red Feather. https://www.champchoice.com/cc-scope-mount-for-hammerli-x-esse-ccxsm
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down