Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Davis Revolvers

2 posters

Go down

Bill Davis Revolvers Empty Bill Davis Revolvers

Post by ReisingM50 Wed 22 Nov - 1:50

New member here. Just purchased a pristine Bill Davis 629-1. Know it’s supposed to shoot WC only. Anyone have experience with shooting SEMI WC in a Bill Davis PPC REVOLVER? 

Rick

ReisingM50

Back to top Go down

Bill Davis Revolvers Empty Re: Bill Davis Revolvers

Post by JIMPGOV Wed 22 Nov - 10:34

NO PROBLEM SHOOTING SWC THRU A BILL DAVIS REVOLVER. AS LONG AS THE BULLETS ARE SWAGED LEAD. NO JACKETED OR COPPER WASHED . I'D ALSO REFRAIN FROM HARD CAST. THE APEX BARRELS HE USED WERE DESIGNED FOR SWAGED LEAD.

P.S. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A PIC OF IT !

JIMPGOV

kc.crawford.7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReisingM50 Wed 22 Nov - 12:21

Will post one when it arrives.

Rick

ReisingM50

Back to top Go down

Post by ReisingM50 Wed 22 Nov - 12:46

Would you think Bearcreek brand’s molybdenum-disulfide coating is a problem if swagged. I’m checking on that today. It eliminates lead fouling they claim.

Rick

ReisingM50

Back to top Go down

Post by JIMPGOV Wed 22 Nov - 13:23

BCB WOULD BE JUST FINE.

WHERE DID YOU FIND ONE?

JIMPGOV

Back to top Go down

Post by ReisingM50 Wed 22 Nov - 18:47

I bought it at an FFL only auction online from LA County. I bought it for my wife who wants a 44Mag but she weighs 100 pounds. She  really likes the DA of her  CCGS Python. According to my research this one is better.  Having a discussion with BCB right now. I think it has a really fast twist. 1/10. But I have to verify on delivery. BCB is recommending their 200gr Hbase at about 800fps but I don’t think that’s going to be satisfactory not enough energy. Will talk with them again next week after delivery. If you have an FFL check out. They’ll have another auction in  January I believe. My first gun from them was a Rigby built by them for an English Lord on a John Frazer patent delivered 11/30/1906. How it got to the US is indeterminable, spoke with his last living granddaughter. It’s a great story.

ReisingM50

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down