Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indoor & Outdoor POI Change With .22

2 posters

Go down

Indoor & Outdoor POI Change With .22 Empty Indoor & Outdoor POI Change With .22

Post by Rodger Barthlow 12/3/2023, 10:56 am

Shot a 900 indoor .22 match yesterday and had my 208 shooting 4" low and to the left.
I had to re-zero during the slow fire portion. Don't understand why the POI changed after I had verified the zero the day before on my out side 25yd range.
Same ammo used for the match as was the day before sighting in the 208 off a rest at 25yds.
Why would it change ?
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Indoor & Outdoor POI Change With .22 Empty Re: Indoor & Outdoor POI Change With .22

Post by Ed Hall 12/3/2023, 1:03 pm

Rodger Barthlow wrote:Shot a 900 indoor .22 match yesterday and had my 208 shooting 4" low and to the left.
I had to re-zero during the slow fire portion. Don't understand why the POI changed after I had verified the zero the day before on my out side 25yd range.
Same ammo used for the match as was the day before sighting in the 208 off a rest at 25yds.
Why would it change ?
My emphasis. . .

In order for a "gun system" to produce consistent results, the whole system must be consistent.  In the case of pistol shooting the shooter's body is that system.  There are many forces at work in the suspension of the pistol that all provide a moment of force on the gun that affects the bullet path.  It is hard to completely duplicate the forces when you are changing a major component.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

jjfitch, chiz1180 and msmith44 like this post

Back to top Go down