Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coated Bullet Question

3 posters

Go down

Coated Bullet Question Empty Coated Bullet Question

Post by mprince 12/22/2023, 11:29 am

Many years back, before I started getting issued practice ammo, I bought some Penn coated 9mm.  Somewhere between 2-5k of them.  By the time I received them I no longer needed to load them so I put them on the shelf.  I thought i would try loading some of them now so I got the box out.  There is incomplete coating on them.  It didn't fall off, it was never there.  I would estimate 90-95% coverage of the coating.  Is this safe to shoot?  Don't know much about coated bullets.  I don't know if they will be accurate enough for centerfire with this uneven coating, but I could still use them to shoot my dueling tree/TX Star as long as they are safe.  Any ideas or previous experience on this?

mprince

14S&W likes this post

Back to top Go down

Coated Bullet Question Empty Re: Coated Bullet Question

Post by Wobbley 12/22/2023, 2:38 pm

Can you send a photo?  It nay help to define the problem
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djperry2 12/22/2023, 5:02 pm

Since the bullets are 90-95% covered you could give them a light coat of Lee liquid alox or White Label 45-45-10 liquid lube. That should prevent any leading.

Darrell

djperry2

Back to top Go down

Post by mprince 12/22/2023, 8:06 pm

djperry2 wrote:Since the bullets are 90-95% covered you could give them a light coat of Lee liquid alox or White Label 45-45-10 liquid lube. That should prevent any leading.

Darrell
Thanks

That seems like the easiest solution.

mprince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down