Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leupold RDS 1 moa red dot scope

5 posters

Go down

Leupold RDS 1 moa red dot scope Empty Leupold RDS 1 moa red dot scope

Post by Rodger Barthlow 12/30/2023, 10:15 am

Has anyone tried one of these? They look similar to the Aim point 9000.
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Leupold RDS 1 moa red dot scope Empty Re: Leupold RDS 1 moa red dot scope

Post by Rodger Barthlow 12/31/2023, 10:10 pm

Little disappointed that no one has tried one of these since it looks like it would be great on a target pistol and the price is right for a Leupold scope.
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 1/1/2024, 5:33 am

Looks like it'd designed for a rifle by watching the video?  States made in USA for $300

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 1/1/2024, 7:48 am

I considered it but stuck with a 9000. Tube diameter is 34mm, not compatible with my mounts.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 1/1/2024, 11:01 am

I ran one for a while. Would NOT suggest for pistol. 
1) super heavy. 
2) even heavier when you find out that quality rings are all steel. my rings alone were 5 oz, which is the weight of an ultradot with factory rings.
3) no benefit to larger tube as the objective side is reduced to about 30mm or less any way.
4) no way to mount shades on objective end as there is not threading

Would be fine on a rifle, but this is not a pistol dot...

10sandxs

Gustavo1957 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodger Barthlow 1/1/2024, 2:50 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Now I can pass on one and save some money also.
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 1/4/2024, 9:26 pm

Been very busy so I didn't get here for a while. I too have the Leupold, yes the steel rings are heavy! I got a set of 35mm on ebay that were aluminum but were bulky so I didn't gain much in weight reduction. But parallax is not good they are adjusted at100 yards. I sent mine back to Leupold but they didn't get much better! If I get a chance I'll try making a set of rings.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 1/4/2024, 10:33 pm

Froneck wrote:Been very busy so I didn't get here for a while. I too have the Leupold, yes the steel rings are heavy! I got a set of 35mm on ebay that were aluminum but were bulky so I didn't gain much in weight reduction. But parallax is not good they are adjusted at100 yards. I sent mine back to Leupold but they didn't get much better! If I get a chance I'll try making a set of rings.
I may still have an aluminum one piece mount based on the Kodiak machine pattern (with permission) that eliminates the rail so it saves some weight there.  If I can find it, I'll send it over.  its cut for a tritop slide, but i think it'll still center up on a round top slide.

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 1/5/2024, 8:39 am

10sandxs wrote:
I may still have an aluminum one piece mount based on the Kodiak machine pattern (with permission) that eliminates the rail so it saves some weight there.  If I can find it, I'll send it over.  its cut for a tritop slide, but i think it'll still center up on a round top slide.
I will need some type of red dot sight for my .22 conversion when I complete it. As of now and quite a while ago all that was needed was to cut the slide stop and thumb safety in the notch in the slide and cut an extractor slot in the barrel. I have the rust blue liquid and all needed to do the rust blueing but have been busy with an impossible job for my machine shop customer and a bunch of hard to make trigger shoes and AW 93 triggers. That scope mount will be nice to try if it's found.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down