Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need suggestions for low profile S&W 41 grips.

4 posters

Go down

Need suggestions for low profile S&W 41 grips. Empty Need suggestions for low profile S&W 41 grips.

Post by zanemoseley Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:07 pm

I've got a newer style 41 Performance center that was tuned by Roddy Toyota. The new style grips were huge so I sanded on them but want to look at some low profile checkered slabs. Is there anything better than the checkered Herretts?

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Need suggestions for low profile S&W 41 grips. Empty Re: Need suggestions for low profile S&W 41 grips.

Post by rburk Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:35 pm

It is not cheap, but the CMM grip adapter is good.  That is what I have on my 41, makes it pretty similar to a 1911 geometry, will take 1911 slabs.

rburk

Back to top Go down

Need suggestions for low profile S&W 41 grips. Empty Re: Need suggestions for low profile S&W 41 grips.

Post by BerryhillAC Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:24 am

I can make a custom SW41 grip for you that is minimally thin (or any shape you'd like).  The challenge with the 41 is that if you've got smaller hands you may find the distance between the trigger and the rear of the frame may be too much.  No skinny grip will help if you can't wrap your hand around the gun without cheating by rotating the hand forward.  I tell clients that if they can comfortably reach the trigger without the grip panels in place, then I can help with a skinny grip.  But they need to check that first.  It is always disappointing to tell someone that while the 41 is a great gun, it just may not be the right one for them.

Andrew

[url=PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com]Precision Target Pistol Grips[/url]

BerryhillAC

Dan Webb and mostly22lately like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JHHolliday Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:24 am

I have stock (Walnut?) grips that came new with my 41 in 2020 that I would part with.  PM me if you're interested and I can take some pics
JHHolliday
JHHolliday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down