Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli SP 20, 32 SWL

3 posters

Go down

Hammerli SP 20, 32 SWL Empty Hammerli SP 20, 32 SWL

Post by Brian.highstandard 2/10/2024, 8:50 am

I have the opportunity to purchase a Hammerli SP 20 32 SWL. ON the side of the pistol it says Hammerli SP 20, Sig Arms INc., Exeter NH, USA, 09153. I can't find much about this pistol but I have seen some posts by Dave FC60. It seems that he had one of these and it shoots real well. I have the opportunity to purchase this pistol again and it shot really well. This pistol had a grip as part of the frame and I've read they crack. Is there any truth to this and what kind of feedback can I get on this pistol? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!
Brian

Brian.highstandard

Back to top Go down

Hammerli SP 20, 32 SWL Empty Re: Hammerli SP 20, 32 SWL

Post by fc60 2/10/2024, 11:53 am

Greetings,

With my SP-20 the grip frame did not crack; but, where the grip screw is attached to the trigger housing broke off.

The old housing in the 280 were made of steel. The SP-20 is a casting of unknown alloy.

Do not over torque the grip screw.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Hammerli SP 20, 32 SWL Empty Hammerli SP 20, 32 SWL

Post by Brian.highstandard 2/10/2024, 12:26 pm

Hello Dave!!

Thanks so much for your reply and your thoughts. 

My current pistol is a Walther GSP in .22 LR and 32 SWL. If I do my part the .22 will shoot good groups with several different ammo's. To me the Walther is nose heavy especially the 32. In the Bullseye league where I shoot one team stands out as the best and most are shooting the Pardini. Their groups are significantly better than mine. They are also shooting the 32 ACP. 

One of our newest shooters on our team has the Pardini and she's "lighting it up". In your estimation is the Pardini superior to the Walther? Or the Walther GSP 500? I'm wondering if I need to upgrade as mine has had many rounds fired through it. . I'm 74 and I really didn't want to spend the money but I want to be competitive and thought maybe the Hammerli SP 20 was a potential center fire fix.?? 

Thanks Dave!!
Brian

Brian.highstandard

Back to top Go down

Post by Wkev 2/15/2024, 8:05 pm

Hi Brian,
I have an SP20 with both 22 and 32. I absolutely love mine. It's the best iron sight gun I've shot in bullseye. My complaints center mostly around mounting a dot and switching between calibers. I have my dot mounted as far to the rear as I can so it doesn't get too muzzle heavy. Without a dot, no issue. Also, if you switch back and forth, since the dot stays, you have to adjust your sights when you change over. Just shooting the 32, it wouldn't be an issue. Shooting in the open at Camp Perry, I notice the wind on the flat sides much more than anything else including a Pardini. Make sure the buffer is set correctly for 32 then you will never need to mess with it again.
Cheers,
Kevin

Wkev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down