Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Range Officer Firing Pin Stop Replacement

4 posters

Go down

Range Officer Firing Pin Stop Replacement Empty Range Officer Firing Pin Stop Replacement

Post by ScottB Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 pm

My Range Officer has a cracked firing pin stop so I'm looking for recommendations on a drop-in replacement.  I'm not a gunsmith and don't think I could fit an oversized stop on my own -- but drop-in parts I can do.

I checked several places (EGW, Wilson Combat, Brownells) but I didn't see anything that looked like it would work.  Most of the stops listed as drop-in were rounded on the top and wouldn't work with the Range Officers adjustable sights.

The last time this happened Springfield sent me a replacement under warranty.  I could go that route again, but I'd rather have something that will last longer than a couple of seasons.

Thanks,

Scott
ScottB
ScottB

Back to top Go down

Range Officer Firing Pin Stop Replacement Empty Re: Range Officer Firing Pin Stop Replacement

Post by JRV Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:32 pm

A fitted FPS will last longer.  Properly fit parts don’t break easily. A loose FPS will crack eventually.

It’s really easy to fit a FPS.  You just need some files and patience.  Or a few bucks for your local gunsmith.

Last edited by JRV on Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

JRV

Al, rckendall and ScottB like this post

Back to top Go down

Range Officer Firing Pin Stop Replacement Empty Re: Range Officer Firing Pin Stop Replacement

Post by NukeMMC Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:54 pm

This one from EGW is cut correctly.  Yes it will need fitting but as was said, files, stones and patience will make it happen.
https://egwguns.com/oversized-firing-pin-stop-series-70-45-acp-blue-cut-for-adjustable-sight
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

chiz1180 and ScottB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottB Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:26 am

Looks like a fitted stop is the way to go.  For $15 plus shipping I'm willing to give it a try.  Thanks for the feedback!
ScottB
ScottB

rckendall and 1911186 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JRV Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:37 am

Get a couple so you can give yourself a little grace when fitting. Another good option is to have a gunsmith fit two or three at the same time—you never have to worry about it again.

JRV

ScottB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:54 pm

ScottB wrote:My Range Officer has a cracked firing pin stop so I'm looking for recommendations on a drop-in replacement.  I'm not a gunsmith and don't think I could fit an oversized stop on my own -- but drop-in parts I can do.

I checked several places (EGW, Wilson Combat, Brownells) but I didn't see anything that looked like it would work.  Most of the stops listed as drop-in were rounded on the top and wouldn't work with the Range Officers adjustable sights.

The last time this happened Springfield sent me a replacement under warranty.  I could go that route again, but I'd rather have something that will last longer than a couple of seasons.

Thanks,

Scott
If you are going to fit one , get the square one from EGW. Slightly radius the bottom and your are GTG. If you want a drop in call Springfield I am sure they have one.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

ScottB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down