Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accomodation at Camp Perry

5 posters

Go down

Accomodation at Camp Perry Empty Accomodation at Camp Perry

Post by RoyDean 4/4/2024, 10:22 am

In previous years, either through me not being well prepared or through my lack of careful investigation, I struggled to get the accommodation that best suits me through the entire "summer tour". I accept that the blame lies solely with me!

This year the "missing link" was Camp Perry.

This morning, just after 08.00 Ohio Time (20.00 where I am currently located) I called the Camp Perry lodgings office - took several re-dials - patience! - but after just a few minutes I spoke to a nice person, she found my previous records on their system almost instantly and I was able to complete a reservation for an RV spot almost instantly. An email confirmation arrived within seconds.

Yee-hah, as some of the more exuberant members of the Bullseye fraternity might be heard to exclaim!

Fingers crossed! I will be at all of the "summer tour" and will be residing in my RV in pre-booked and confirmed spots!

For me that is a massive and satisfying achievement!

RoyDean

mbmshooter, ermakevin, onlylead, chiz1180 and SaraiEsq like this post

Back to top Go down

Accomodation at Camp Perry Empty Re: Accomodation at Camp Perry

Post by John Dervis 4/4/2024, 9:29 pm

Well done Roy. Whenever I get all my s**t together it almost feels wrong when the time comes. Like I’m missing something because it’s all done with no fires to put out.  I’ll see you out there. 

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by jareds06 4/17/2024, 4:44 pm

As someone who is heading to perry for the first time ever this year, could I get some advice on this topic? Kinda was prepared to just sleep in my car on Camp Perry (I have a hatchback and can stretch out fine in the back). I would like to be able to shower and stuff though, LOL. Do they have anything like showers/bathrooms that a truck stop would have or you'd have set up in the field?

jareds06

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis 4/17/2024, 6:25 pm

I’m not sure if they’ll let you sleep in your car but I would doubt it.  You may want to check on that.  They have what’s called a hut that you can rent. It actually sleeps 4 so you can use it all yourself or get a couple guys to go in with you.  It looks basically a back yard shed with cots inside.  They are situated near the latrines and the latrines have showers.  This is what you would use if they let you camp in your car as well.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 4/17/2024, 8:01 pm

Barracks are available for pistol week. It's not as bad as it sounds, at least until Friday night. Pistol week there are usually only a few people in each room for the 2700, then maybe 1/3 to 1/2 full for service pistol Friday and Saturday nights. They are air conditioned and the AC and a big fan provide enough white noise that the snoring doesn't keep me awake. Bathrooms and showers are in the same building. Barracks beds are cheap ($18 per night). You supply your own sheets and towels and the pillow is pretty thin. 

The downsides of the barracks are little or no cell service in the building and only a locker to store your stuff. Everyone has to agree when to turn off the lights (usually about 10pm) and if you sleep light you may be woken up by people getting ready for the first relay.

Huts as mentioned have 4 beds and are about 4x as expensive as barracks beds. One or two people have a lot of room, Three or four people in a hut have about the same amount of space as around a barracks bed. Bathrooms are like a campground... you have to walk anywhere from a few yards to maybe 40 yards to go to the bathroom. You supply sheets and towels in huts also.

They have camp sites that also have a campground style bathroom. RV sites fill up quickly, but there is a big field for tents with usually no more than 2 or 3 tents. July in Ohio can be hot and humid and severe storms are not unusual so stake down the tent well.

There are 2 different types of motel type rooms on base. There are not very many of them available, but if you call back every week or two you might get lucky. I have a couple of times. I haven't stayed in them recently. I think they are about $80-100 per night.

Bachelor Officers Quarters, also called the 2 story motel, are 2 rooms that share a common bathroom. They have AC, kitchenette, cable TV and provide lined.

One story motel rooms (there are only about 10) have their own bathrooms with kitchenettes, AC, Cable TV and linens.

There are lots of motels within a 20 minute drive. I really prefer to stay on base where everything except dinner is walking distance from your room, hut or camp site.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

mbmshooter and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 4/17/2024, 8:11 pm

SteveT wrote: July in Ohio can be hot and humid and severe storms are not unusual so stake down the tent well.
Take note of this particular nugget of knowledge.
chiz1180
chiz1180

john bickar and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 4/17/2024, 9:55 pm

Sleeping in your car is specifically prohibited everywhere on base, even if that car is parked next to a registered RV in the RV Park.

Camping is only permitted on the designated campground, usually plenty of space, but you do have to register first.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down