Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rule Changes

+23
Ed Hall
TexasShooter
Vociferous
bullseyepistol
clark2245
Jack H
HenryA
9146gt
Toz35m
STEVE SAMELAK
Corregidor
james r chapman
Colt711
s1120
john bickar
Dave C.
BE Mike
Larry Lang
CR10X
Bullseye10X
Rob Kovach
DeweyHales
sixftunda
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rule Changes - Page 3 Empty Rule Changes

Post by sixftunda 2/7/2014, 9:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

This was posted on the mailing list earlier today so I thought I would share it here.

http://competitions.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/rules/rul_conv_pistol_14.pdf

I know Dennis reads the posts here so here are my two questions regarding the Production Division:
1.  d) The front sight must be non-adjustable. So a front sight that can be drifted to the right or left is not permitted even if it came from the manufacturer that way?

2. g) Single Action Semi-Auto Pistols are prohibited.  Is this SA only pistols like a 1911 or does it include DA/SA pistols like a Beretta 92FS?
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Rule Changes - Page 3 Empty Re: Rule Changes

Post by CR10X 2/21/2014, 3:37 pm

By the way, this may be the year to go all out for that Distinguished Pistol match.  I can't find a definition for the DR in the 1 April 2013 Rules or the 2014 changes currently posted.  No other rule changes are listed on the website as far as I can find.  Do the 2013 rule changes still exist or were they superceded by the April 2013 rule book? 

Anybody want to check with NRA.  

• 3.1.4 Distinguished Revolver - (blank)
23.2 Revolver - As defined in Rule 3.1.4

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 2/21/2014, 5:36 pm

I double checked with Tom Hughes on this, it was an accidental omission in the 2013 book, and it will be in the 2014 book.

--He also told me that the improvements that I requested for the "probationary" classes were also approved, and should appear in the 2014 rulebook.

....why they don't appear on the document that is supposed to be the list of 2014 changes?  Beats me.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 2/23/2014, 2:37 pm

Rob:  

Thanks for checking, but the answer generates a whole new question.  "If it ain't in the rule book, how do I address it as a Match Director?" I guess an updated version would be nice. 

Cecil

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 2/23/2014, 9:35 pm

Ahhh, great point Cecil.  Jon Nortemann held a Distinguished Revolver match under those messed up 2013 rules with the omission, and the NRA directed him to put an addendum in the match bulletin.  The match director can clarify the rules that will apply in the match, and the bulletin included the missing rulebook stuff.
The 2014 rulebook should be out in a few weeks.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 2/23/2014, 9:37 pm

My emails to Tom Hughes have some other clarification questions that I hope we see the answers too soon....hopefully before next year's rulebook.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 2/26/2014, 6:20 am

Lots of good discussion here.  Small matches will be easy but just imagine the complexity of the larger matches.  Sounds to me like a good update of Ed Hall's spreadsheet is the immediate answer.   The big positive is the hope of attracting more competitors.  I started out shooting bullseye as a national guard shooter in '78.  Even in those days the young new shooter shooting out of his own pocket was not a common thing.  Standing on the firing line with all my equipment issued to me I marveled at the guys who paid for it all out of their pocket.  So far as the big military teams go, remember when you went to the big regionals and higher matches and the entire first relay would be 2600 club members?  Mostly military with a very slim sprinkling of civilians that were usually retired military shooters.   On the red dot stuff.   IMHO the red dot may help you improve faster but the big plus is the old shooters, with their old eyes,  are not only staying but they are still winning.   Smile

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall 2/26/2014, 12:00 pm

Thanks for the mention.  There is work being done to add a current version of the spreadsheet to my page.  The already existing availability of extra "special" awards might allow for the inclusion of the new disciplines.  I'll have to look further...

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3