Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brass catcher ?

5 posters

Go down

Brass catcher ? Empty Brass catcher ?

Post by wreindol Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Looking for some information on a brass catcher. I am looking at the Bubca National II and the CMM. From the information I can gather on the internet, they both appear to be in the same league. It looks as though the National II is a one piece unit, and is a little easier to transport. Also, the National II has some space available in the can to store some equipment like a stapler or extra ammo or what ever. So I am looking for opinions from someone who has either or both of the units. I am interested in set up and take down procedures. Weight. And anything else that I am not thinking of to give me a broader picture to make my purchase.

Thanks
Wayne

wreindol

Back to top Go down

Brass catcher ? Empty Re: Brass catcher ?

Post by Rob Kovach Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:57 pm

CMM makes a cool bracket to attach their brass catcher to your gun box when it's not in use.  You literally screw the base to the other parts and unfold it to deploy it.  CMM's product is so well thought out that I can't conceive how the Bubca could possibly be any better.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:30 pm

I've seen 100's and 100's of CMM brass catchers at bullseye events including Camp Perry. While it looks well made I haven't seen a single National II, yet.

Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:20 am

Here is my opinion, the bubba looks cool but I have shot at several matches where there would not be room on the shooting table for your gun box and that big ammo can. If every venue was the same and roomy enough then I would buy one but they are not. The CMM works at every match with no issue and it costs less and its built very good. Another catcher you might look at is champions choice there's is set up similar to the cmm but is only 80.00.
CMM also sells extras, a bracket that bolts to the gun box that holds it, also they have a clamp you can use in place of the weight.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igolfat8 Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:37 pm

I bought one on eBay that I am happy with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREESTANDING-BRASS-CATCHER-for-use-with-semi-autos-/121185317269?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c37353195

igolfat8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down