Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NightHawk And Springfield Range Officer

+4
kc.crawford.7
Rob Kovach
gitkrunk
Astroimage2002
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NightHawk And Springfield Range Officer  - Page 2 Empty NightHawk And Springfield Range Officer

Post by Astroimage2002 6/13/2014, 8:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello All, 

Is anyone shooting a NightHawk 22 conversion on a Springfield Range Officer frame? If you are, can you tell me what you had to do to the frame to get it to run reliably? With the stock Range Officer frame I cannot complete a string of 5 shots without a malfunction... Usually I have a "click no bang"... Slide did not go closed... ANY help would be appreciated, I want to convert the RO to a hardball gun once I can get it cycling right. 

Brian

Last edited by Astroimage2002 on 6/15/2014, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling.)

Astroimage2002

Back to top Go down

NightHawk And Springfield Range Officer  - Page 2 Empty Re: NightHawk And Springfield Range Officer

Post by gitkrunk 6/20/2014, 6:40 pm

Should run fine now
gitkrunk
gitkrunk

Back to top Go down

NightHawk And Springfield Range Officer  - Page 2 Empty Re: NightHawk And Springfield Range Officer

Post by Astroimage2002 6/21/2014, 10:25 am

All, 

A short trip to the range today with Range Officer #1 and the NightHawk .22 conversion. I am happy to report that I had NO "click no bang" issues. This tells me that the conversion went into battery EVERY time with the new mainspring setup. The trip was a short one, I only fired 30 rounds of SK Std. Plus. I hope to go back to the range again Sunday with some Eley Sport and see if the conversion will run that. 

Experienced one odd extraction issue while sooting it though. An empty case somehow turned 180 degrees and landed over the extractor so when it was heading for battery the extractor was shoved into the case. A fluke or a symptom of something else? 

Brian

Astroimage2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 6/21/2014, 12:29 pm

I used to have that problem...It was very infrequent--again I believe it was caused by insufficient slide speed.  Are you still using the 8lb recoil spring?  I would drop down to the 7lb and see if it works even better.

Did the weight of your trigger pull change much?
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astroimage2002 6/21/2014, 12:50 pm

Hi Rob, 

Thank you for the reply. 

I am using the stock recoil spring. Don't know what strength it is but I will assume that it is 8 pounds. Do you remember what spring you ended up with and where you bought it so I can get one on order? 

The trigger pull seems to be lighter but I do not have a way of checking it. I can tell you that it is still heavy enough to show my POOR trigger actuating skill. In sustained fire everything hit the paper in the lower left quadrant. Pretty much the same area that I hit with my 45! This is exactly why I wanted the conversion in the first place. 

I cannot thank you and the other posters enough! 

Brian

Astroimage2002

Back to top Go down

Post by gitkrunk 6/21/2014, 1:39 pm

I know marvel sells the springs and are color coded for lbs. you can check yours and give them a call monday.
gitkrunk
gitkrunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Astroimage2002 6/21/2014, 1:43 pm

Will do and THANK YOU!

Brian

Astroimage2002

Back to top Go down

Post by gitkrunk 6/21/2014, 2:06 pm

I know white is 6
gitkrunk
gitkrunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Astroimage2002 6/21/2014, 2:18 pm

I do not see any added color on the spring. It looks "weirdly blue" according to my wife and daughter Smile 

Brian

Astroimage2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 6/21/2014, 8:05 pm

I like the color coded springs from Marvel.  They have color codings on everything except 9lb.

I like using 6s and 7s.  If you use high velocity, then 8 or 9 would be appropriate.

You would know if you had a color coded spring...one end would be painted--the rest would be "weirdly blue".
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astroimage2002 6/21/2014, 8:16 pm

no high velocity here... So I'll call them and get new ones on the way =->

Astroimage2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2