Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappointing setback with a Dillon electronic scale :(

+6
CR10X
varmint243
DavidR
BE Mike
front sight
beeser
10 posters

Go down

Disappointing setback with a Dillon electronic scale  :( Empty Disappointing setback with a Dillon electronic scale :(

Post by beeser 8/12/2014, 5:25 pm

I purchased a Dillon electronic scale this morning but was disappointed to find that it would not calibrate.  Dillon said it would have to go back to the retailer.  I also wasn't too happy to learn that it was made in China.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Disappointing setback with a Dillon electronic scale  :( Empty Re: Disappointing setback with a Dillon electronic scale :(

Post by front sight 8/12/2014, 10:26 pm

I got a Frankford Arsenal electronic scale from Amazon for under $30 and I'm really impressed with it. I don't completely trust any electronic scale that I can afford so I use a RCBS 10-10 scale for powder measures but the Frankford scale is a great backup and great for weighing bullets.

front sight

Back to top Go down

Disappointing setback with a Dillon electronic scale  :( Empty Re: Disappointing setback with a Dillon electronic scale :(

Post by BE Mike 8/13/2014, 8:45 am

My experience with the D-Terminator electronic scale is the old one. It was very reliable. I sold it when I got my Lyman DPS III. I have heard that the newer ones aren't as good.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 8/13/2014, 12:01 pm

Disappointing setback with a Dillon electronic scale  :( Images10
the only Dillon scale worth a hoot is the older ones made by ohaus. this is what it looks like, they come up for sale on ebay from time to time.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beeser 8/13/2014, 1:18 pm

DavidR wrote:Disappointing setback with a Dillon electronic scale  :( Images10
the only Dillon scale worth a hoot is the older ones made by ohaus. this is what it looks like, they come up for sale on ebay from time to time.
You're slipping DavidR.  I bought the Dillon based on your earlier comment.  You didn't say I had to find an old one.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 8/13/2014, 3:10 pm

Are you sure? please show the post. It is my intention when suggesting  Dillon scales to always say the one made by ohaus which make some of the best imo scales offered to the public, the new ones are as good as  whats offered by rcbs,hornady,lymon and others. They are still a good scale just not in the same repeatable accuracy level as some others. You had mentioned the gempro 250, I have had two of them and they do a good job.

This brings up another thing you need to learn, Always have a back up, this goes for everything from guns down to ink pens.  lol!
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by varmint243 8/14/2014, 4:31 pm

I suggest having an analog scale as well as a digital
They each have things they are better suited to
I picked up an Ohaus 10-05 scale for under $20 this summer
I am pleased to have both types of scales

varmint243

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 8/14/2014, 4:39 pm

One thing that electronic scales will do for shooters that they did not expect; teach them the difference between precision and accuracy.  And warm up, drift, load cell limits, dust intrusion, and calibration....

Just another thought from the old dude.....

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Otiso 8/14/2014, 6:19 pm

I've had a sartorius ay123 for a couple years now for rifle and so far it has been great as long as it's left plugged in.
Otiso
Otiso

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 8/14/2014, 6:53 pm

I trust gravity and my Lyman M5 scale more than any electronics.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 8/14/2014, 7:19 pm

I like my Ohaus 5-0-5
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 8/15/2014, 10:05 am

I have a Ohaus Navigator and a rcbs 505 manual as a back up.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m 8/17/2014, 10:53 am

I have one of the current scales and it has been working just fine for several years with no issues.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 8/18/2014, 12:50 pm

Toz35m wrote:I have one of the current scales and it has been working just fine for several years with no issues.

not to say there a bad scale just not of the same quality as their original one, the new dillons work as good as other offerings from horndy,rcbs and lymon
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down