Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone help me remove the firing pin of a Hammerli Xesse aka Trailside

2 posters

Go down

Can someone help me remove the firing pin of a Hammerli Xesse  aka Trailside Empty Can someone help me remove the firing pin of a Hammerli Xesse aka Trailside

Post by farmboy Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:55 pm

I need to replace the firing pin on my Xesse. I called Larry's looking for instructions and was emailed a link to the manual which doesn't help me.
I have tried to find instructions via google search with no luck.

After you knock out the little pin, what do you do next to remove the firing pin?

Any body replaced one and can give me the quick run down

Yes, I know, Im weak in the gun smith dept but wanting to learn 

Thanks
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Can someone help me remove the firing pin of a Hammerli Xesse  aka Trailside Empty Re: Can someone help me remove the firing pin of a Hammerli Xesse aka Trailside

Post by LenV Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:55 am

Farmboy,

It looks like the only thing holding it in is the retaining pin. Part number 41 on the pdf.

http://stevespages.com/pdf/sig_trailside.pdf

If it is like the other sig/hammerli you have to push the firing pin forward to remove the retainer. And part number 38 looks like it may have to be pushed in for firing pin to clear . It has a cutaway shaped like the pin.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Can someone help me remove the firing pin of a Hammerli Xesse  aka Trailside Empty Re: Can someone help me remove the firing pin of a Hammerli Xesse aka Trailside

Post by farmboy Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:40 pm

OldMaster64 wrote:Farmboy,

It looks like the only thing holding it in is the retaining pin. Part number 41 on the pdf.

http://stevespages.com/pdf/sig_trailside.pdf

If it is like the other sig/hammerli you have to push the firing pin forward to remove the retainer. And part number 38 looks like it may have to be pushed in for firing pin to clear . It has a cutaway shaped like the pin.
OldMaster64
The Xesse looks like this http://www.haemmerli.info/public/downloads/manuals/HAEMMERLI_274_30_04_Xesse_03-2014.pdf  it doesn't have the retaining pin.

I thought maybe the retaining pin was the pin at the top of the slide - #32 http://www.haemmerli.info/public/downloads/manuals/Haemmerli_x-esse_2773473_c.pdf
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Part #38 is the safety.After looking at it again to remove the firing pin on the trailside all you would have to do is remove the pin and put the safety in unsafe and the pin should come shooting out. I will study your pdf now that I have some time

It would have to be # 32. But after you remove it you are probably able to push in #12 which then lets you remove #14 (the safety).After the safety is removed # 12 should come out freeing the pin. You can see they both hold each other in place with the firing pin being held in place by #32 holding it all together. Ever work on a P-08? Germans love to make it complicated. It might be as simple as removing the pin and moving the safety to "not safe"
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:19 am

I will give it a try when I get back in town - thanks
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down