Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye Activity in and around Des Moines Iowa

5 posters

Go down

Bullseye Activity in and around Des Moines Iowa Empty Bullseye Activity in and around Des Moines Iowa

Post by farmboy 2/18/2015, 9:53 pm

Does any one know anything about Bullseye activity in and around the Des Moines  area?
My company has asked me to consider moving there.   Web search didn't turn up much. NRA website didn't help - did see there is some activity
in the north part of the state.

1. Are there any matches in that area indoor/outdoor
2. Any clubs that have outdoor ranges for BE
3. Name of a contact person
4. Other towns in Iowa that have activity?

Thanks for your help if you can provide it.
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Activity in and around Des Moines Iowa Empty Re: Bullseye Activity in and around Des Moines Iowa

Post by dronning 2/18/2015, 11:33 pm

We come down from MN to shoot at both Osage & Marshalltown
http://www.mrra.org/pistol.htm

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Activity in and around Des Moines Iowa Empty Re: Bullseye Activity in and around Des Moines Iowa

Post by Rob Kovach 2/19/2015, 12:52 am

I've shot matches near Cedar Rapids....not very close to Des Moines but better than nothing!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SSgtG 2/19/2015, 8:56 am

I live about 70 miles NW of Des Moines. I haven't ever heard of any Bullseye in the DM area. I travel to Oakdale (MRRA.org), Central City, IA, and Weeping Water, NE to shoot full 2700s in the summer. There used to be some matches in Marshalltown and in West Liberty but those haven't had any for several years. You can find some indoor matches in the winter around the state. We have a Two Rivers league in the Fort Dodge and towns NW of there January thru March.

SSgtG

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid 2/19/2015, 8:30 pm

Marshalltown has indoor matches in the winter. That's about an hour from Des Moines. At Cedar Rapids, we have either a club match or an approved 2700 every month, May through October. Milan Rifle Club has indoor and outdoor matches, and they would be about a 2 hour drive.

You might check out Des Moines Rifle & Revolver Club in Van Meter. They don't have bullseye matches, but I think they have a pistol range where members can practice.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy 2/20/2015, 8:47 pm

Thanks Gentlemen Smile
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down