Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brass Catcher and Deflector Screens

+14
xmastershooter
Oleg G
Magload
kc.crawford.7
mikemyers
TampaTim
john bickar
Jon Eulette
Vociferous
DavidR
C.Perkins
dronning
Rob Kovach
DonBrummer
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brass Catcher and Deflector Screens - Page 2 Empty Brass Catcher and Deflector Screens

Post by DonBrummer Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

How important are they?  Yes the catcher is convenient but do I need one?  I read another post where the cmm was recommended.  I've only seen 1 in action. I couldn't tell you the model, and the guy using it knocked it over at least twice.... What about a deflector screen?  What do you use?  My motivation is that I'm shooting my first 2700 in a few weeks and I want to avoid being the guy who annoys the unlucky shooter on my right.   The range I'm shooting at has a small partition between each firing point that does not cantilever, so its not fool proof.  Your guidance and input is greatly appreciated.
DonBrummer
DonBrummer

Back to top Go down

Brass Catcher and Deflector Screens - Page 2 Empty Re: Brass Catcher and Deflector Screens

Post by Mike38 Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Froneck wrote:When Adam started shooting I got him one of those short boxes from Gil Hebbard. Took plastic loop clamps to attach a metal rod to the box cover. Rod could slide out and be put in the box, attached a tube to the screen to slip over rod. Deflector looked like a flag. As he got taller I made a coupler for the rod so 2 could be used and decoupled fit in the box.

Excellent idea! Thank you!
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Brass Catcher and Deflector Screens - Page 2 Empty Re: Brass Catcher and Deflector Screens

Post by Keithcrc Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Before the .shooting starts at Camp Perry they always announce " Police all fired brass including .22s" just sayin.
Keithcrc
Keithcrc

Back to top Go down

Post by ChipEck Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:27 pm

J
mikemyers wrote:I didn't want to start a whole new thread, when this one is only two years old.  Besides, little changes in Bullseye, right?

Is the CMM brass catcher still the one most shooters prefer?  If so, which height?
http://www.cm-machine.com/Ultimate-Brass-Catcher_c_12.html

Brass Catcher and Deflector Screens - Page 2 The%20ultimate%20brass%20catcher%2016-2_thumbnail

Another choice, that looks very sturdy:
https://www.bullseyegear.com/bullseyepistol/product.php?productid=371

Brass Catcher and Deflector Screens - Page 2 Bcatcherl
The second one is the POS I bought first.  Totally useless for me.  The CMM is vastly superior.

Chip

Last edited by ChipEck on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
ChipEck
ChipEck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2