Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye Grips for Buckmark

+6
DHMG1
BE Mike
kgs113
LenV
dronning
Barry Wilson
10 posters

Go down

Bullseye Grips for Buckmark Empty Bullseye Grips for Buckmark

Post by Barry Wilson Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Does anyone make wooden bullseye grips for the Browning Buckmark?  A quick Google search turned up nothing.  If not, what rubber/rubberized grips should I use? It's going to get hot here in South Carolina this Summer and I expect my pretty, rosewood grips are going to get slippery.
Barry Wilson
Barry Wilson

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Grips for Buckmark Empty Re: Bullseye Grips for Buckmark

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Try one of the rosin bags that bowlers use.

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Hogue Browning BuckMark Grip 72169 I think these are the ones you can stipple with a soldering iron or hot nails to make the grip as aggressive as you want, like they do with they polymer guns.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:22 pm

They have these for UFX and UDX . Pretty and grippy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Browning-Buckmark-Rosewood-Pistol-Grips-UDX-ONLY-CheckeredEngraved-Floral-Scroll-/221220201108?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3381c06294

They have a fair selection on Ebay. They even have a set of Herretts there.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by kgs113 Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:09 am

Is this what you're looking for?  I got a set a few years ago. (Lefty too!) Been very happy with them!

http://www.altamontco.com/experimental/products/pistol/browning/#Browning_Buckmark.php

kgs113

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:16 am

When I was shooting a Ruger, I used Dragon Skin on the front strap. I just cut it to fit and put it under the grip panels. It is very aggressive, so if your hand is soft you might want to go with skate board tape. I also use Cramer rosin. Here are some links:
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Devil-3331-Dragon-Sanding/dp/B000COXQ7I/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AM3WRPQ/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687522&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0001DK2JK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1K2P1Y7B5YYTKC64FX88
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:46 am

Or, for a lot more money you could go with factory target grips.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Browning-Buckmark-Challenger-II-Factory-Original-Grips-/301442108304?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item462f598b90
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by DHMG1 Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:18 pm

Bullseye Grips for Buckmark BROWNING_BUCKMARK_RHABullseye Grips for Buckmark BROWNING_BUCKMARK_RHB
DICK HORTON BULLSEYE GRIPS FOR BROWNING BUCKMARK

DHMG1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Sun May 22, 2016 9:28 pm

Bringing this thread back because the Horton Grip intrigues me.
1) is this someone's grip here on the forum?
2) what happens to the magazine release button?
3 and most importantly) this is a large grip where the tips of the finger pull back towards the heel of the hand.   Is this a good grip and if so, why do all other stock makers have the fingers wrap around?
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Mon May 23, 2016 12:09 am

The grips look like they are on a "Challenger" or a Challenger III. They look similar but different. My old girl on the bottom is a Challenger. No visible mag release. Notice the skateboard tape on the Buckmark. It helps.

Bullseye Grips for Buckmark Img_5010
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by BerryhillAC Wed May 25, 2016 10:12 am

If you've not found grips you like yet for your Buckmark, I can help.  I make 3d-printed custom grips and can make a pair for you and your gun.  I can use a wood composite material that feels like wood in your hand, but can be printed to your needs (and sanded and puttied later by you).  Take a look at my website, PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com for more information.

Thanks,
Andrew

PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com
Custom Grips for All Hands and Most Guns

BerryhillAC

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed May 25, 2016 2:44 pm

I have grips for my Buckmark that were made by Randy Fung.  At the time he was the only source I could find for left handed custom grips that would fit the URX model.  I've been very happy with them.

cypress

Back to top Go down

Post by bdas Wed May 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Aprilian wrote:Bringing this thread back because the Horton Grip intrigues me.
3 and most importantly) this is a large grip where the tips of the finger pull back towards the heel of the hand.   Is this a good grip and if so, why do all other stock makers have the fingers wrap around?
I've read on this forum and elsewhere (including at http://www.bullseyepistol.com/chapter1.htm, section GRIP sub part 2. g., which says: "The primary pressure points on the .45 caliber pistol are the front surface of the grip and the mainspring housing-grip safety surfaces." ... although admittedly that's about a 1911 and not a Buckmark) that a proper grip includes mostly backwards pressure by the fingers, but not much sideways pressure by the fingers.  Perhaps this is a way to try to "enforce" that through grip design?

And, to be clear, those Horton grips do allow the fingers to wrap around somewhat (otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the finger groove surfaces in the side image), just perhaps not as much as some other grips.  But keep in mind that how much your fingers wrap around is heavily dependent on how long your fingers are.  This Horton grip might work great for someone with long fingers, and be terrible for someone with short fingers.

bdas

http://guns.dsttr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down