Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy Cast Bullets in 38 Super

2 posters

Go down

38 super - Heavy Cast Bullets in 38 Super Empty Heavy Cast Bullets in 38 Super

Post by Axehandle Mon 29 Jun - 8:14

Becoming one with this KC Crawford built 38 Super.   Shooting the Magnus 147 grain truncated cone cast bullet with 3.0 grains of WST and a Federal primer in new Starline brass.   The gun recoils very soft.  150 rounds down the pipe and the gun is very clean.   It has yet to malfunction the first time.   50 yard groups are as good as KC's test targets.  Have yet to run a bore brush down the barrel.    Other shooters marvel at how slick the slide to frame and barrel fit feel.  Exhausted the supply of bullets Terry sent for testing.  Already contacted him about acquiring a case.   Mixed brass seem to shoot fine at 25 yards.  Using new brass for 50...

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

38 super - Heavy Cast Bullets in 38 Super Empty Re: Heavy Cast Bullets in 38 Super

Post by kwixdraw Mon 29 Jun - 13:34

Just terrible when the gun leaves you no room for excuses isn't it?  I sure need another caliber to cast bullets and load for..
kwixdraw
kwixdraw

Back to top Go down

38 super - Heavy Cast Bullets in 38 Super Empty Re: Heavy Cast Bullets in 38 Super

Post by Axehandle Mon 29 Jun - 13:52

You guys that live anywhere close need to come shoot this thing....  We shoot at MCGC down close to Birmingham on the third Saturday.  I have hopes of getting to Chattanooga to shoot soon.  Maybe even Columbia before the year is out..  I'll bring extra ammo for anyone that wants to shoot it.  If you are real close I work the range at Larry's in Huntsville on Thursdays and Fridays.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by kwixdraw Tue 30 Jun - 10:44

Very tempting. Afraid it would be so nice I could never tolerate my amateur built wad gun again.
kwixdraw
kwixdraw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down