Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed a New hinged trigger design for the 1911

+16
mpolans
scheibenpistole
Froneck
mspingeld
Dipnet
Wes Lorenz
71firebird400
AllAces
DavidR
LenV
Bubba Blaster
rich.tullo
Jon Eulette
Sa-tevp
BE Mike
markj
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Installed a New hinged trigger design for the 1911 - Page 3 Empty Installed a New hinged trigger design for the 1911

Post by markj 7/6/2015, 4:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

I just finished putting together this new Wad Gun for myself. Its a Caspian frame, STI slide and Kart barrel. Im not a professional gunsmith, just a hobby for me, but Im pleased with the results. Had an unexpected day off today, so took it to the range, Just got home from Ransom Rest testing at 50 yards, and the gun is holding 10 shot groups under 1.75".

The big difference, as you can see from the pictures, is the trigger. I learned about this trigger from a post on another gun forum. Its an X-Line trigger.

Here is a link...http://www.xline-geppert.de/x-line%20trigger.htm

I contacted the manufacturer in Germany. He is a Bianchi Cup Shooter,  and was very pleasant and helpful in Emails, So I placed an order. If you are familiar with the operation of the fire control group of a 1911, the pics on the X-Line site will answer a lot of questions. Its adjustable in almost every way (so much so, you can go a little crazy playing with all the adjustments). The spring loaded plunger behind the lower part of the trigger can be moved in and out for a long smooth single stage roll, or set up like a two stage feeling trigger, which is how I have it set up. I have a sear cut on a True Radius jig, with a Wilson hammer that has long-ish hooks. The body of the trigger doesn't move, it is secured in the frame with a set screw through the trigger guard.

There is basically no take up, as you begin to pull the trigger, you start rolling the sear off the hammer hooks (movement is amplified by the hinged design). Just before the sear releases the hammer, the trigger hits the adjustable plunger. It has an internal spring that you can vary the weight of. Continued pressure will release the hammer with very little further movement. Initial pull of mine is 2 pounds for the first "stage", and 1.5 more for the second.

With a properly polished and mated sear and hammer, the pull is very consistent. Because of the leverage gained by the hinged trigger, the sear spring is set up for a trigger pull more like 4.5-5 lbs. Results in a pull just a hair over 3.5

I thought it was a pretty neat idea, and well executed, So I figured Id share it with you guys. Gives the old 1911 a "euro-gun" feel.  Ive only used the frame for a 22 match at this point, so the jury is still out, but so far so good.

Its not a cure for poor trigger control, its just something different to try. If you like the feel of a two stage trigger in your .22, you might just like it in your .45.
 What I like about it, is it gives you a chance to experiment with different types of trigger pulls with just a few adjustments! cool.  If anyone has any questions, Ill do my best to answer them. Here are a few pictures...

Installed a New hinged trigger design for the 1911 - Page 3 New-gun-2_zpsunxox5ma

Installed a New hinged trigger design for the 1911 - Page 3 New-gun-1_zpsmgkmglly

Installed a New hinged trigger design for the 1911 - Page 3 New-gun-3_zpsfrxjk4bm

markj

Back to top Go down

Installed a New hinged trigger design for the 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Installed a New hinged trigger design for the 1911

Post by mpolans 1/27/2018, 12:11 pm

kc.crawford.7 wrote:I have one for sale.  $150.00 shipped.  Send me an email kc@kcskustom.com
I don’t suppose you have another for sale at that price, do you?

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Installed a New hinged trigger design for the 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Installed a New hinged trigger design for the 1911

Post by Amati 2/10/2018, 9:19 pm

Installed a New hinged trigger design for the 1911 - Page 3 20180210

Here it is thanks to KC who was kind enough to sell me the last one available anywhere.
Tight installation and one must play with springs and hammer angles but the result is otherworldly. Clean take-up followed by a very distinct first stage and then the smoothest and lightest second stage one can wish for. 

The installation is straightforward but the tuning of it is time consuming and requires good skill. 

I was thinking that I'd polish smooth the front surface of the trigger but once you use it you are thankful for the grip/control that the indententions provide.

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 2/10/2018, 9:38 pm

I'm installing one now. The pin on the trigger bow is off by about 0.030". So it won't go through the housing. Hopefully customer service is up to snuff.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati 2/10/2018, 10:06 pm

The customer service is limited to Susanne and they  have no interest in this product which they no longer manufacture.
I'll be milling a flat halfway up and inserting a pin to lock the body of the trigger.
I'll be interested to know what angle you will cut in the hammer.

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 2/10/2018, 10:13 pm

Will not be using the plunger/second stage feature. So standard sear set up.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati 2/10/2018, 10:19 pm

The second stage can be short all right. I'm taking it to the range tomorrow to fire a lot of .22lr through it and see how I really feel about the second stage.

Last edited by Amati on 2/10/2018, 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 2/10/2018, 10:24 pm

Not interested in staging a short roll trigger.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati 2/27/2018, 6:24 am

Interested to hear how you fared with the installation of the Geppert X-Line. Their website now detects the point of access and does not accept any orders from the US nor do they respond to Emails.

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3