Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Millet Reddot windage.

4 posters

Go down

Millet Reddot windage.  Empty Millet Reddot windage.

Post by rich.tullo July 29th 2015, 1:32 am

Just got a Millet one inch Red Dot, nice unit, nice clear dot. One problem there is no direction indicator on the windage adjust ment screw. 

So my stupid question is clockwise left or right?
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Millet Reddot windage.  Empty Re: Millet Reddot windage.

Post by AllAces July 29th 2015, 7:46 am

Clockwise left if i recall  correctly. Had the Millet on a Ruger Mk I I and it would not hold zero.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck July 29th 2015, 9:11 am

I have an older 1" millet on my 45 (1911) works fine though I plan to up-date ad get another Red Dot. When I got it (actually it was Adam's gun at the time) the windage dial was backwards. Turning it in the direction as indicated on the attached dial would move the bullet impact in the wrong direction. I did contact Millet, they knew of the problem and sent me that washer like dial. I think Adam changed it but as it is now it's as AllAces stated Clockwise moves left.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo July 29th 2015, 10:29 am

Guy at millet just told me clock wise moves left for the SP1. 

nice scope for $59 made by Bushnell, dot on mine is as clear as a whistle so it it holds zero on my M41 it's a winner.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV July 29th 2015, 11:08 am

I had one on my 41 for a little while. The scope was clear and the dot was round but it had a parallax problem. If my head and hand were not perfect it would shoot wherever it felt like. I thought it was me until I put an ultradot on the 41. Now it is on my air pistol.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck July 29th 2015, 1:19 pm

I had a few different older models of brands Millet, Illusion and UltraDot that all had Parallax problems in various amounts. However I found it can be adjusted out for Pistol target ranges. The end lens has a threaded ring when loosened the lens can be moved forward and back by turning the supporting threaded rings. Been a while since I've done it. If I recall the Ultradot had the lens attached to one of the threaded rings and was easiest to adjust.
 I would set the scope on a bench so it wouldn't move and sighted at a target 50 yards. Move my head so the dot moved all around the extreme limits of the scope, if the dot moved on the target I moved the lens forward or back until the dot no longer changed position on the target.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo August 13th 2015, 8:13 pm

Lost zero , i sent it back to bronwells
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down