Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scatt Training System

+10
bdutton
Profe5s0r
DeweyHales
JLK
Ed Hall
ClayDaddy
BE Mike
sakurama
private citizen
ScottSimmonds
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scatt Training System - Page 2 Empty Scatt Training System

Post by ScottSimmonds 12/3/2011, 11:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Bought the Scatt Training System about a month ago. Very nice.

Think of it as dry firing with feedback.

A sensor is attached to the barrel and a target is put in a special frame - any distance over about 10 feet. Both the barrel sensor and the target frame a plugged into the laptop computer by USB ports.

I put a dry-fire plug in my Hammerli 22 - cock it. Aim the shot and pull the trigger.

The software shows the point of aim as a line that follows your aim - a squiggly line all around the bullseye on the computer screen. The barrel sensor "hears" the click of the trigger and registers the shot (you even get a gunshot noise from your computer). The software shows your aiming, hold and where the shot broke. It scores your hit using the international scoring system with a decimal point - halfway from the 9 ring to the 10 ring is a 9.5...

I am watching my hold move to the X as I practice with this system. Direct feedback. I can even try to make a mistake so I see the results. I have tried extending my hold and shortening my hold. I am not guessing the time I hold - I see the time on the screen. I jerk the trigger and see what happens to that shot.

You can even set the system up so that you get a beep when you are aiming at the ten ring. Its fun to see if you can keep the tone going. I know my hold has improved as I was hearing beep.........beep.........................beep. Now its beep...beeeeeeeeeep..beep.

The system comes with software to print out almost any target you want - adjusted for any distance you might be able to set up for your practice.

For the price of a good gun I got a coach that will work with me anytime I want to - morning, noon, evening.

The screen shows a fair amount of data (all of which I have not figured out yet) so you can analyze your shots. You can replay a shot over and over. You can see a target with the tracings of one shot or all your shots. The software shows you where your center of aim is for a shot or combination of shots. On a target you can see the center of your group - specifically - not guessing.

Bought the machine from CenterShot.com and a refurbished laptop from Tiger Direct.

The system is not perfect. I wish I could make the shot holes look bigger on the screen - I have to hunt for the hole amongst the squiggles of the aiming tracing. It certainly does not replace going to the range. However, as I work to improve my fundamentals as well as my scores, I get specific feedback that tells me that my work is or is not paying off.

The objective is Master by May.

S

ScottSimmonds

Back to top Go down

Scatt Training System - Page 2 Empty Re: Scatt Training System

Post by Bullseye99 12/24/2017, 5:23 am

hi Scott,
Just read your post. I, too, got a SCATT trainer about a month ago, and find to be extremely helpful. My live fire scores improved by about 30 points in about a month.
One question I have is - how did you set up the trainer to beep at the 10 ring?
Thank you.

Bullseye99

Back to top Go down

Post by Profe5s0r 12/24/2017, 4:53 pm

To get it to make the sounds when you're within different scoring rings, go to the icon at the top right, just to the left of the mute/unmute button.

Scroll down to "Sound generator for blind shooters (experimental)' and click on that box. Then you can choose the freqs you want to use while in your desired area. 

I have it set up for the nine ring while I do holding drills. I worked with it for a couple days while doing actual practice, but it didn't seem to have any correlation to real practice or improvement.
Profe5s0r
Profe5s0r

http://www.DistinguishedPrecision.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye99 12/24/2017, 7:19 pm

Thank you!

Bullseye99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content