Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's a good accurate [factory] 9mm?

+4
JayhawkNavy02
Chris Miceli
james r chapman
Saladman
8 posters

Go down

What's a good accurate [factory] 9mm? Empty What's a good accurate [factory] 9mm?

Post by Saladman 1/27/2016, 8:45 pm

I was thinking of purchasing a good 9mm handgun that is capable of putting tiny groups in paper at 50 yards.  My budget isn't huge but I would really like to get something that is capable.  I would not mind saving for something good, I just need to know what options are available that work. Or should I just stick with my Range Officer once it gets back from the gunsmith?  I've been considering saving for a Swiss P210 or maybe a CZ of some kind...

The two guns I currently have are:
1) Volquartsen Scorpion .22 LR
2) Range Officer 1911 .45 ACP

ETA: I should probably add that I have a 92 Brigadier, but I just don't shoot it well, which is unfortunate because it's beautiful. Sad Regarding the P210, does anyone think the new US made version will be a tack driver like their old school counterparts?

Last edited by Saladman on 1/27/2016, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Saladman

Back to top Go down

What's a good accurate [factory] 9mm? Empty Re: What's a good accurate [factory] 9mm?

Post by james r chapman 1/27/2016, 8:52 pm

Well, I think your first two sentences put it out of financial reach.

Your much better off concentrating your efforts on that .45acp.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's a good accurate [factory] 9mm? Empty Re: What's a good accurate [factory] 9mm?

Post by Chris Miceli 1/27/2016, 8:57 pm

If your gonna save for a P210 might as well have Dave Sams build you a match Beretta or you could have KC do up a poor mans 92fs. I would stick to the 45 as well, but if your gonna go 92fs route here is some ammo.

http://atlantaarms.com/products/9mm-115gr-fmj-match-amu.html
http://atlantaarms.com/products/9mm-115gr-jhp-match.html
http://atlantaarms.com/products/9mm-115gr-fmj.html
http://atlantaarms.com/products/9mm-115gr-jhp.html

Im guessing the cheaper stuff doesn't cut the mustard when it comes to the accuracy requirement they put on them selves.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 1/27/2016, 11:29 pm

I used to live near Dave.  His M9 has an incredible trigger and accuracy that's hard to argue with.

After much thought and advice, I bought two full 1911 builds and had him do the trigger on my conversion.

Chris gives good advice Wink
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 1/27/2016, 11:31 pm

Did you post pics for your guns Jay? I think I've seen your 45 on the 1911 forums but know nothing about your 22 Smile

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 1/28/2016, 1:17 am

According to S&W (would they lie?) The Model 952 is the most accurate 9mm in the world. I think it would be hard to save money as fast as the price of them keep going up. I had a 92A1 built up by Roddy Toyota that was a tack driver that I sold because it just never felt right in my hand. That pistol (one like it) would go for around 1200.00 and it would do a great job for you. For the same money you could buy a new RO and have it accurized enough to shoot Master level scores. The pistol you choose may choose you. Some just feel right in your hand and others (like the 92) just don't. Have fun in your search.

The "King" according to S&W
http://www.dayattherange.com/?p=581

What's a good accurate [factory] 9mm? Dscf0315
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 1/28/2016, 11:49 pm

Christopher Miceli wrote:Did you post pics for your guns Jay? I think I've seen your 45 on the 1911 forums but know nothing about your 22 Smile

Dave used my RO frame and put the same fire control parts as my full build.   The trigger is just 3lbs vice 4 on the ball.   What I wanted to clear up is any impression that I think Dave is the only option.   I would be equally happy with a pistol from Jon, KC, or Jerry.  They are all world class Gunsmiths and you can't go wrong with any of them.   I still hold out that Jerry's M41 he built for a mutual friend is the coolest 22 pistol I've ever seen.
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 1/29/2016, 8:30 am

With a 9mm its about as much about the ammo as the gun, SW may claim most accuracy but ive never seen them test at more than 25 yds, best ammo imo is Atlanta arms amu match.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout 1/29/2016, 8:42 am

My 9mm RO is capable of  sub-inch groups at 25 yds with minimal cost:  a Burris Fastfire 3 red dot, an EGW custom bushing, a self-adjusted 3 lb. trigger pull, TLC after every range session and my own custom loads.   All for less than $1200 not including the reloading equipment.   My experience with economical factory loads had me shooting 3 inch groups on my best days.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 1/29/2016, 10:45 am

As Chuck Yeager was quoted, " the demons live out there in the thin air".

I have many loads that are fantastic at 25 yds. Not too many out at 50 yds.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bdas 1/29/2016, 9:08 pm

I just received some of the Atlanta Arms 124gr "Elite" 9mm ammo, and tried it for the first time last night. Seemed to me to give consistent shot placement when I did my part.  For $16 per box of 50, I'm happy with it so far.  I can't vouch for it's ultimate accuracy, or how it will do at 50 yds, though.

bdas

http://guns.dsttr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down