Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Match, First Post... I am hooked!

4 posters

Go down

First Match, First Post... I am hooked! Empty First Match, First Post... I am hooked!

Post by Oleg G Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:11 am

I have been reading your wonderful forum for a couple of months and want to thank all members for the wealth of knowledge being shared here.
I have been shooting a handgun since last October and I got interested in Precision Shooting a couple of month ago and began reading all I could about the sport. I have been training at my local indoor range at 25 and 50 feet with the appropriate targets. Pretty quickly, training alone became rather tedious without a chance to shoot with other people. So, I found a local league and shot with them for the first time on Monday.
What a great experience and what a great group of folks! Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful and made me feel very welcome.
These weekly meets are not even "matches" - they call them "shoots" - just a bunch of folks getting together on Monday nights and shooting Bullseye. Each person scores their targets but they don't even compare the scores or determine a winner: it's just to have fun, and they do. At these shoots, they only use the B-8 target for all courses of fire and they run through 3 relays of slow, timed and rapid fire for a total of 90 shots.

I have connected with a very experienced shooter who promised to work with me next week and evaluate what I am doing right and where I need correction. This will be invaluable, as I have not had any coaching yet.

Below is my scorecard from last night's match. I am actually quite proud of it  Smile
First Match, First Post... I am hooked! 13392087_248002522237105_7715131833873251997_o
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

First Match, First Post... I am hooked! Empty Re: First Match, First Post... I am hooked!

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:02 am

Welcome to the group. you're off to an excellent start.   First Match, First Post... I am hooked! 1248129716
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

First Match, First Post... I am hooked! Empty Re: First Match, First Post... I am hooked!

Post by AllAces Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Welcome to Bullseye. Lots of good matches in Pa. Check out the Walt Wise match in Harrisburg in Sept.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Also, lots of matches in NJ. Check out NJPistol.com

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Thanks, guys. Will definitely check out the matches.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down