Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield XDM for Camp Perry

+16
devildog
messenger
SmokinNJokin
dronning
igolfat8
JayhawkNavy02
Wes Lorenz
Jerry Keefer
Dr.Don
BE Mike
HogCommander
james r chapman
Jon Eulette
Chris Miceli
LenV
Froneck
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Springfield XDM for Camp Perry - Page 3 Empty Springfield XDM for Camp Perry

Post by Froneck Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

My son was asked to shoot the Springfield XDM at Camp Perry. Trigger weight was increased to 4 pounds. The targets are in the photos. He shot a 295-15X with it, shooting another rapid fire he shot a 100-7x (3th target) Simply put for those new shooters you do not need a decked out fancy pistol to get a good score. Understand these are witnessed targets of actual shooting not some doctored targets some gunsmith's post to claim their guns shoot great. Yes a little work was done to the gun but can be done by the shooter. Some welding was required on the barrel but I'm sure a smith can be found to do what is required.Simply put here is a pistol that can advance you to the top without spending a fortune!!!!! Yes I assume he will be shooting it  in the CMP National Match.
Springfield XDM for Camp Perry - Page 3 20160610Springfield XDM for Camp Perry - Page 3 20160611
Springfield XDM for Camp Perry - Page 3 20160610

Last edited by Froneck on Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Springfield XDM for Camp Perry - Page 3 Empty Re: Springfield XDM for Camp Perry

Post by dronning Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:04 pm

I started setting up a 5.25 in 9MM for the P100 last year, just couldn't get good results at 50yds.  I needed more time on the trigger, it's a very long roll, also found out you needed to have a weld placed to tighten up the barrel.  I haven't had it done it yet.

- Dave

I should add I did clean a couple of 25yard rapids in practice so the potential is there.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Springfield XDM for Camp Perry - Page 3 Empty Re: Springfield XDM for Camp Perry

Post by rreid Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Dave, who do you send it to for the welding?
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:42 pm

rreid wrote:Dave, who do you send it to for the welding?

I haven't used him yet but I was given this contact:

http://www.triggerwork.net/SAXD.html

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by devildog Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:20 pm

I talked to him yesterday, and he said he could do it.  Seemed pretty knowledgeable about it.  And very cost-efficient.

I'm suffering from analysis paralysis trying to decide between this and a Beretta (which would not be cost-efficient).
devildog
devildog

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:37 pm

I found the perfect 3fer for my XDM. The pistol is very accurate.. But, I am not in love with double stacks, striker fire (DA) triggers or steel sights. I also am not a big fan of my Ultradot HD Micro. It does have the neat feature of turning on just by touching the scope in the right spot. The 3fer? 1.Find a use for my XDM. 2. Find a use for my HD Micro and 3. Do something with that laser that has been sitting in a drawer for X number years. This may not be germane to Bullseye but if you bought one of these last year planning on blowing everyone away (competitively) at the Nationals and reality has set in. Or if you bought a HD Micro and are still trying to find the perfect place for it then this might be your solution also. Laughing or not. It's now a 16 round double dotted Bullseye home self defense cannon.

Springfield XDM for Camp Perry - Page 3 40_xdm10
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:56 am

AAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:05 am

Wow Len you have a lot going on in that Frankengun picture picture, its not exactly a Colt Python. I am sure if you ever needed to use it in anger the assailant just might be scared away.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by ArmyTherapist Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:42 pm

What size front sight fits the stock rear site in the XDM?

ArmyTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Several variables so no one answer. Arm length and sight picture desired make a difference. Dawson Precision sells front sights and they also have a calculator.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-calculator/
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Wmvdg123 Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:33 pm

I was thinking of getting one of these and welding the barrel with a gunsmith. What kind of 50-yard accuracy do you think could be achieved with a ransom rest? Obviously Adam is very talented, do you think that he shoots us as well as his custom berreta or 1911?

Wmvdg123

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:39 am

The Beretta is a better bullseye Pistol but requires a lot of modification to bring a stock out of the box gun up to bullseye accuracy. The 1911 in 9mm is better than the Beretta. Simply put his entry into the Action matches was a decision by command to enter the production class so the XDM was selected. Later when command allowed them to move to other classes Adam selected the 1911 in 9mm to shoot in the Metallic Class and is the Pistol he broke the record with shooting a perfect score in that class for the first time. The 1911 and been scope mounted and set-up to now shoot in the Open Class in which Adam has won in the next 4 matches he shot.
 Therefore if intending to compete and win service pistol matches the 1911 is a better choice but if getting enough points to become Distinguished the XDM is capable of doing that.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Wmvdg123 Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:57 am

Great information, congratulations on your son that's extremely impressive!

Wmvdg123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3