Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Perry bench dimensions/plans?

3 posters

Go down

Perry bench - Camp Perry bench dimensions/plans? Empty Camp Perry bench dimensions/plans?

Post by HogCommander 8/7/2016, 12:47 pm

Anybody happen to know the dimensions of the green benches we shoot from at Camp Perry?  Just moved into a house that has a home theater and I'm setting it up for dry firing.  Ideally would like to build an exact replica of the benches at Perry but could make it work with just the bench height.

I realize I can make the height whatever I want but would like to get as close to authentic as possible. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

HogCommander

Back to top Go down

Perry bench - Camp Perry bench dimensions/plans? Empty Re: Camp Perry bench dimensions/plans?

Post by james r chapman 8/7/2016, 1:05 pm

I believe they were only 30" high, although I did not measure them, again!
Attachments
 Perry bench - Camp Perry bench dimensions/plans? Attachment
firing line cp.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(115 Kb) Downloaded 14 times
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Perry bench - Camp Perry bench dimensions/plans? Empty Re: Camp Perry bench dimensions/plans?

Post by dronning 8/7/2016, 1:15 pm

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t4902-bench-dimensions-camp-perry

Remember the height depends on how deep the mud is.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by HogCommander 8/7/2016, 1:58 pm

Thanks guys!  I figure 6' long and 31" high ought to get me close.  I think a pair of 2X10's will work for the top for what I'm trying to accomplish.

HogCommander

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 8/7/2016, 3:11 pm

Some had plywood tops, some 2x10?

I know a Irwin spring clamp would work on them.
 Perry bench - Camp Perry bench dimensions/plans? IMG_20160716_125332877_HDR_zpsquwbfqrd
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down