Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NRA Classification

2 posters

Go down

NRA Classification Empty NRA Classification

Post by hilsman Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Have been lurker for months..finished NRA Qualification program recently for DE in conventional pistol...will be shooting spring league soon...I will only shoot 22lr..if after 360 shots with 22lr will I obtain classification...league is NRA approved

hilsman

Back to top Go down

NRA Classification Empty Re: NRA Classification

Post by clark2245 Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:53 am

hilsman wrote:Have been lurker for months..finished NRA Qualification program recently for DE in conventional pistol...will be shooting spring league soon...I will only shoot 22lr..if after 360 shots with 22lr will I obtain classification...league is NRA approved

Since you are shooting in a league the rules (19.4) say the NRA will only issue a classification after the season is complete. The scores you shoot (recorded in your score record book) can be used by the league to assign a temporary classification for their purposes while in progress. You can see the complete rules here but the key part for your question says:

"19.4 Matches Used for Individual Classification - Scores to be used for classification and reclassification
will be those fired in individual and team matches in both indoor and outdoor NRA Competition as defined in Rule
1.6 (except Postal Matches) over the following courses of fire and under the indicated conditions:
(a) National Match Course.
(b) NRA Short Course.
(c) National Match Gallery Course (50 feet or 20 yards).
(d) Any component part of these courses when fired as single stage events.
Scores fired indoors are used to establish indoor classification.
Scores fired outdoors are used to establish outdoor classification.
Scores from Sanctioned Leagues may be used during the league firing season in Score Record Books (Rule
19.14), but will only be used by the NRA Headquarters office at the end of the league firing season for issue of
Official Classification Cards."

clark2245

Back to top Go down